Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, July 25, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 36 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********
 
Holy crap on a cracker. 36 weeks?!

James about a month ago at the Chloe Stroller Stroll.

This week has given me so much confidence. I'm nervous admitting this because, every time I've said it in the past, I've had a bad week that follows! I've really been focusing on my leg strengthening and allowing myself appropriate rest days from running. This week, I felt so good that I wanted to run everyday. On the other hand, I know it would have destroyed my body if I didn't allow my pelvis and injured leg to have a break.
 
 
  • 7/18/16: REST. I decided to do half of my leg exercises one day and the other half the next. I put my easier ones on the days I would like to run. We'll see how that pattern works out. Today included lunges (forward and sideways), deadlift (double and single leg), step ups, and heel taps (sideways and forward). These tend to poop me out and get my heart rate going.
  • 7/19/16: 3.1 miles, 11:01/mile. Faster and more tolerable than two days ago! I hit up the treadmill at The Y after work. My friends tell me this heat is brutal so I opted to stay inside in case Baby Boo Deux decided to act up. From the first step, I did not feel any significant pain!!! I was SO happy about this. I could tell the problem still existed, but there was no pain. I'm praying that my hard work and slight caution will pay off. I'm just so happy to be running again!!!
    Baby Boo Deux saying HEY!
  • 7/20/16: REST. Welp, today was fun and interesting. I intentionally rested from running but still planned to do my leg workout. On our way home (Jimmy and I carpool), our Impala broke down and we had to pull over ON 270 EAST DURING RUSH HOUR!! I was internally freaking out for James because it was so hot outside and I didn't know how long we'd be stuck in the car. People were jerks as our car was slowing down (on its own, I may add). People kept honking at us like it was our fault we were in that situation. So stressful. We finally got to the shoulder, called AAA for a tow, and called friends to pick up James and me. We spent a good hour, maybe 45 minutes, out there. It could have been worse but definitely not something we wanted to deal with. We didn't end up eating dinner until 7pm so going to family gym night was out of the question. UGH.
  • 7/21/16: 3 miles, 10:52/mile; 0.6 mile shakeout after leg rehab, 11:03/mile. Another short work day allowed for time at The Y before picking up my boys. I was so bored after two miles on the treadmill that I opted for the indoor track (I've been nervous about running outside during the day because of the heat and being preggers). I actually ran one of my fastest miles since returning to running while doing the indoor track. I can't wait to get past this phase so I can get back on a real track. That evening was family gym night. I did my harder leg exercises followed by a short run around the track.
    I can't wait to get back on a real track!
  • 7/22/16: REST. I was on my feet most of the day...lots of cleaning, playing with my boy...but rested from running.
    He was so excited about his Paw Patrol bed set!

    Splash pad fun that evening at church.

  • 7/23/16: 4.01 miles, 10:36/mile. Because of my leg pain, it's been more than two weeks since I've attempted 4 miles. I was a little nervous about making it happen, but, because my pain has been basically non-existent this week, I had some confidence going into it. I joined a hilarious group of ladies in Westerville who wanted to go 6 miles at 11-11:30 pace. I've been able to hold my 3 miles runs in the pace range this week, so I thought I might be able to hang with them for part of it. I decided not to look at my watch and just stick with them the first two miles. Since I haven't run in the humidity since last weekend, I had a tough time the first mile. It got hot very quickly and my body seems to take forever to warm up. By the time I reached mile two, when I separated from the group, I felt so much better. The girls were a good distraction from the tough start. I decided to just run what felt comfortable the last two miles and focus on my gait and posture. I was pleasantly surprised to see my overall average when I stopped. I had no pain at all the entire run!!! I felt like I slowed down a bit at various times when Baby Boo Deux was pushing down, but those moments lasted seconds. Today, I am so thankful that I was brave enough to run with these girls. It reminded me of the joy I feel running with others that love this sport.
    Saturday's crew! [Emily, Tracie, ME, Emily, Bethany]
  • 7/24/16: REST. I started to go for a run but felt really tired from Saturday's festivities. After running yesterday, there was a lot of household choring (made up word?) and moving of furniture (James got his big boy bed!)...that just did me in. Today, we did a ton of shopping and rearranged the extra bedroom so that I could turn it into the breastfeeding room.
    You can't tell I'm pregnant from behind. I turn around then...BAM!
**********

My only belly pic this week. OOPS.
How Far Along: 36 weeks, 5 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: 
 
Weight Gain: 31 lbs. Starting weight 112 lbs., current weight 143 lbs.
    

 
Symptoms: Sore pelvis toward the end of the day.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: Coffee has gone back to being iffy but I can tolerate it sometimes.
 
 
Coming Up: OB appointment on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment