Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Three Moms and a Pregnancy

I'm very blessed to have an awesome mom and two awesome mothers-in-law. I'm gonna take a moment to show them off:
My mom

Joan, Jimmy's Step Mom

Deb, Jimmy's Mom
 
 
When I found out I was pregnant, one of my first thoughts was "How am I going to make all of the mothers feel special?!" I probably talk to my mom more about it because she is 5 1/2 hours away and we talk on the phone often so the topic always comes up. Plus, since she is far away, I want her to feel connected to the situation as much as possible.
 
Most recently, the topic of baby showers has come about. I knew that Deb would throw a shower involving her side of the family because she has thrown wedding and baby showers for both Amy and me in the past. That left my mom and Joan...
 
I thought, since my mom is in WV, she might not be able to travel to Columbus for a shower. I thought a good idea might be for her to throw one involving our family in WV. I brought the idea to her and she was ecstatic! I'm glad that part worked out :) And that leaves Joan...
 
Joan loves to host/plan get-togethers...and she's really good at it! She threw me a wedding shower and it was awesome! I knew that I would have to get her involved in planning a baby shower. As soon as I told my friend, Jenny, I was preggo, she offered to help plan a shower involving my friends. As the weeks have passed, my friend, Lindsay, got in on it as well. My thought is that I get Joan hooked up with Jenny and Lindsay to help with that shower. Hopefully this plan works out without being stressful on anyone!
 
I'm feeling so blessed to have people who care this much!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment