Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Carmel to Pig: I Still Have No Real Plan

I Still Have No Real Plan

**********


Be still my heart.


My basic plan this week was:

-Run twice short and easy
-Do a speed workout
-Do a long run
-Run at Highbanks

I guess that's sort of having a plan, but not really.

**********

  • 4/16: 7 miles, 8:58/mile. I met up with Sarah for some early easy miles. I still felt pretty tired from my runs over the weekend. I had a crazy work day ahead of me as well as a dentist appointment. It was nice to get my run in early!
  • 4/17: 5.01 miles, 10:04/mile; Haley's Chest/Shoulder workout and Z's stability workout, 50 minutes. I was more than happy to keep it easy today. My body might have hated me otherwise. I met up with Sarah and Lisa B, and we managed to crawl our way through the sperm route.
  • 4/18: 6 miles, 8:33/mile; Haley's Bis/Tris workout, 50 minutes. I skipped the early morning track option for sleep. I decided to hit up the treadmill after work for a 2 mile warm up, 12 x 1 minute at goal 10k pace (7:19) with 1 minute recovery, and 1 mile cool down. Even though I felt good in the moment, my legs were toast later that night.
    New goals , new notebook.
  • 4/19: Yoga video, 45 minutes. I took my mat and yoga block to the gym for a little yoga action. I've stopped caring if people look at me like I'm a weirdo.
  • 4/20: 16 miles, 9:00/mile. It was GORGEOUS! I decided to run after work to take advantage of the warm sun. My only mistake was forgetting the sunblock! Yikes.
    Sports bra burn.

    My personal favorite...the t-shirt burn.
    The was, hands down, the most peaceful run I've had in a long time. The weather was perfect; the neighborhoods were filled with the sounds and smells of people mowing their lawns. I loved every moment.
  • 4/21: Back/Glutes/TrA, 1 hour 15 minutes. I did a fun workout I got from Haley on IG. I have a feeling I'm going to hate myself the next few days...butt DOMS will be in full effect.
  • 4/22: 7.05 miles, 9:46/mile; 3.43 mowing miles (ha!!), 1:44:17; Tacy Shoulder Workout, 40 minutes. I started my day with a sunrise run at Highbanks. A few of us that are running the Flying Pig Marathon in two weeks wanted to get some hill action. Highbanks is beautiful and never disappoints!
    I told them to act casual. Ha!!! [Sarah, Britt, Chris, ME]
    After coffee, church, and lunch, I mowed my new yard for the first time. I had no idea how long it would take and was curious about how much walking I'd get in. The distance and time includes puppy poop pickup.
    Yes, I'm a lawn mowing badass.
    I was freaking worn out by the time I finished, but I needed to get a lift in because work is going to be insane this coming week.

**********

Only two more weeks until Flying Pig! Even though I'm not racing all out, I'm still trying to get a sub 4 hour marathon which is still a good amount of work for me. I really hope I can help my friend, Chris, get his PR!!

**********

Handstand Goal Update:

I was able to kick up to the wall without props! This is a big deal, y'all. I was also able to hold my handstand for 2-3 seconds in the tucked position...another big deal! I'm feeling optimistic.






No comments:

Post a Comment