Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, March 21, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 18 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********
Found this quote and LOVED it.

My main goal this week was to run easy so that I could tolerate my races on Saturday. I registered for a 5k in the morning and a 4 miler that evening. I decided that 6 p.m. was a weird time of day to race so I planned to push harder during the 5k. I was able to meet my weekly goal again [40.41 miles]!!
  • 3/14/16: 12 miles, 9:04 average pace. As I was looking at my work week (and considering my race schedule for Saturday), I decided to go ahead and knock out my long run today. I rested yesterday due to travel home from WV and ran really easy and short on Saturday. Based on that, I felt I should be able to tolerate the run. After last week's complete disaster of a 12 miler, I was really nervous to even start. Fortunately, Christine was able to meet me at 5 a.m. to join me for the first 5 miles. I wanted to stay as close to 9mm as I could, but felt in my heart it would not likely happen. Christine has been very sick and is just getting back into running. She wanted to see if she could tolerate some miles close to that pace. We actually ran very well for those 5 miles! [9:03, 8:48, 9:01, 8:54, 8:55]. I'll be honest, I wanted to quit after these miles. I thought there was no way I could finish this run today. I'm SO glad I made myself continue. I did the last 7 miles solo but it was really nice. I spent the next three miles decreasing my pace tremendously in hopes it would give me some extra energy [9:58, 9:46, 9:44]. The plan worked because I was able to tolerate a great progressive run after that! My last 4 miles were 9:14, 8:54, 8:30, and 8:00! I love finishing a long run with some faster miles!!
    Haven't seen this girl in ages! [ME, Sweat]
  • 3/15/16: 6.08 miles, 8:49 average pace. When I had "run easy this week" in mind, I was thinking 9-9:20 pace. Although this run felt easy after the first mile, it was a little faster than I had planned in my head. As long as the legs feel good in the morning, that's all I care about!
    This was a great new group of ladies for me! I hope I get this right because I'm going by memory from a week ago: [Beth up front, ME, Megan, Becky, Lindsay, Brandi]
  • 3/16/16: 7.52 miles, 9:07 average pace. I texted my friend, Jackie, earlier in the week and asked if she was interested in 6 easy, hilly miles. Fortunately, she was free today! She said she wanted 7 miles, but, at the time, I wanted to stick with my plan of 6 since I knew I was racing on Saturday...twice. I've been feeling awesome this week so I texted her the night before and committed to 7 miles. Six turned to seven which turned to 7.5! We hit up pretty much every hill on Emerald Parkway plus the little bump on Post Road. It was glorious. I was worried I might die since I haven't had the chance to run hills for a while. I am only 6 1/2 weeks away from Flying Pig so I need to step it up in the hill department!
    Me and my pregnant partner! [ME, Jackie]
  • 3/17/16: REST. After three 4 a.m. wake up calls in a row (not to mention a weekend of traveling), I decided I was ready to get a couple extra hours of sleep.
  • 3/18/16: 4.63 miles, 9:40 average pace. The only goal today was EASY! I wanted at least 4.5 miles to meet my goal for the week. I knew I wouldn't be motivated to do it alone today, but I also didn't want to get up at 4 a.m. to meet with the 5 a.m.-ers. Fortunately, my friend, Karen, texted me last night saying she would run with me. I was more than excited that it worked out!
  • 3/19/16: 10.18 total miles including 2 races (each with a warm up). This was a pretty awesome and unexpected day for me. I told you all about it in my race recaps! Stay Active 5k link HERE and Kinsale 4 Miler link HERE.
    Feeling great at the halfway point! [ME at my 5k]

    Post race smiles. [Amanda, ME, Jess, Theresa]

  • 3/20/16: REST. Umm....SORE! Nuff said.
 
**********

Baby Boo Deux
How Far Along: 18 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: I THINK I'm starting to feel it move. We had our 18 week ultrasound on Tuesday and all things measured out to equal a healthy baby! We DID NOT find out the sex of the baby. I just couldn't do it.
   
Weight Gain: 11 lbs., Starting weight: 112 lbs., Current weight:  123 lbs.
 
Symptoms: I'm starting to get what I call "breathy" at the beginning of my runs. If I don't start super slow, it sounds like I'm dying. After a mile or two, I'm golden! Also, I'm realizing I'm eating crappier than I'd prefer (during the work day). I get so hungry during the day and it's so hard to keep appropriate food in my car (I travel all day for work). I end up going through drive thrus most of the time. I don't eat a lot at a time, but the food I've been eating is crappy. My goal this week is to try to plan better meals for the work day. The challenge is that these things have to be appropriate for eating in my car. I would love to microwave leftovers but that's not an option.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: None.
  
 
Coming Up: 22 week follow up appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment