Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, March 6, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 16 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********
 
This was my Friday night. Don't hate.

 I spent this week being sick. Mostly congestion and sore throat. I starting getting these coughing fits on Friday. It's mainly just made it harder to breathe while running. Overall, I had a great week. Mostly took it easy so that I could run a decent 5k on Saturday. Mission accomplished, again, this week [40.61 miles!!!].
  • 2/29/16: 6.2 miles, 9:10 average pace. Jackie's actual birthday run was rained out. BOOOO!! We made up for it this morning and traded rain for wind. Goodness gracious, it was SO BREEZY! We were fighting it the entire first half of the run. Runs with Jackie are rare nowadays so it was nice to see her.
    Early morning smiles! [Jackie, Marion, ME, Dani]
  • 3/1/16: REST. Much needed. After my fast long runs last week and being sick on Sunday, I probably should have rested yesterday...but I couldn't miss the birthday run!
  • 3/2/16: 7 miles, 9:01 average pace. I had grand plans to run after work since I had a short day. I am still battling whatever sickness I developed over the weekend and just wasn't feeling it. I decided I would run when Jimmy got home from work. It took me forever to get motivated, but I eventually set out for whatever seemed to float my boat. I only had 45 minutes of daylight left so I knew I had to be within a couple of miles of my house when it started getting dark. I was able to knock out 7 miles before the lights went out. I knew I had to keep it easy since I was meeting some ladies in the a.m.
    I love when the shirts start to get shorter. That means the belly is getting bigger!!
  • 3/3/16: 6.25 miles, 9:15 average pace. I met up with a sweet girl I've never run with before (Sharon) to help her out with a tempo run. Y'all know I love me a good tempo run! The workout called for 40 minutes so I ran a short and slow 1.7 miles beforehand [9:56 average pace]. The goal for the tempo run was to warm up for about a mile then gradually speed up to 8:30-ish pace.  I think we did an excellent job! [9:51, 9:09, 8:43, 8:23, an additional 0.55 miles which we peaked at 7:17 pace]. Sometime in the last half mile, I challenged Sharon to a little sprint section which is why we peaked in the low 7s. What's a tempo workout without a little Theresa challenge?! {Theresa challenge: a certain distance at the end of your run in which a friend challenges you to run your butt off}
  • 3/4/16: 5 miles, 9:40 average pace. My goal for today was to run really easy since I have a 5k tomorrow! I probably should have decreased my mileage a bit but I didn't want to have to run as many miles over the weekend to meet my weekly goal.
    This week's snow was weird. It covered all of the yards but there was nothing on any of the sidewalks or trails...made for an easy path (and no shoveling)!
  • 3/5/16: 10.14 total miles cut into three segments. That can only mean RACE DAY!! Marion ventured to my neck of the woods for a little 5k action. We did a 2.05 mile warm up [8:34 average pace] and a 5 mile post race run [8:40 average pace] so that we could get at least 10 miles for the day. Not gonna lie, that 5 miles was tough after a speedy 5k! We both had great races (not our best but great nonetheless) and topped our age group.
    Marion and me post-race. That's before we realized, "Oh crap. We still have to run 5 more miles!!"
  • 3/6/16: 6.02 miles, 8:27 average pace. Went straight from church to get a few miles with Dani and Marion. I was an Orange Township Bridge virgin until today. Now my life is complete. It was almost as thrilling as nearly dying while crossing the railroad tracks. So close to a progressive run! I think me dropping my gloves in the second mile messed it up. [8:36, 8:41, 8:29, 8:26, 8:22, 8:08]
    You have to take a bridge pic! [Dani, ME, Marion]
 I am so freaking excited about this upcoming week! 60-70 degree temps ALL WEEK!
 
**********

 
 
How Far Along: 16 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: The size of an avocado. Apparently it can hear me now...which means I've stopped all singing attempts. James likes to say "Hi, baby." OMG!!
 
Weight Gain: 9 lbs., Starting weight: 112 lbs., Current weight:  121 lbs.
 
Symptoms: Nothing. I was sick this week so it was hard to say what was pregnancy fatigue vs. sick fatigue.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: None. All I do it eat, eat, eat no matter what.
 
 
Coming Up: Next appointment on March 15th...ULTRASOUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment