Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, March 13, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 17 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********
 This week went from craptastic to fantastic in the matter of a couple days. I decided to rest Monday because I was going on 5 days in a row of running including a long run/race that Saturday and a faster run on Sunday (fast standards being pregnancy standards! My body is obviously slowing down.). I wanted to take advantage of a slow work day on Tuesday by doing my long run. I knew I was planning to travel to DC on Friday so I didn't want to miss out on my mileage goal [40.26 miles this week!!!]. As you'll learn below, I had two really crappy runs followed by some happier memories! Hoping I can enjoy the beautiful weather a little more this coming week.
 
  • 3/7/16: REST. I ran pretty hard over the weekend. My legs needed a break! Still recovering from being sick last week.
  • 3/8/16: 12.05 miles, 9:36 average pace. I decided yesterday that I was going to travel to DC over the weekend to see my friend Amanda run her half marathon. I knew I had to take advantage of my short work day by doing my long run. It was a gorgeous day...high 60's and sunny. Perfect for sports bra running! Too bad I felt like complete crap. I hated this run with a passion. I can honestly say that nothing was good about it. I couldn't even enjoy the beautiful weather. I felt ok for the first three miles. It takes me forever to warm up so those first 4-6 miles are usually tough for me. After that, I REALLY had to go pee. I planned to run the trails in Westerville and knew where most of the park bathrooms were located. The problem? NONE OF THEM WERE OPEN!! They all had signs saying they open early April. UGH. I was denied by three bathrooms. During this whole process, I developed the urge to number two. I was a mess. Finally, just after 8 miles, I made it to a fire station and used their facilities. I thought my last 4 miles would be much better but they weren't. I felt so tired at that point. I just wanted it to be over! It's been a long time since I've hated a run so much. I'm convinced that long runs during the week are a disaster for me.
    That's a fake smile.
  • 3/9/16: 7.09 miles, 8:44 average pace. Still dealing with belly issues. I had to pee after 3-4 miles which I can deal with most of the time. During the last mile, the poop hit me. I was miserable. I'm still not sure how I survived that mile. I almost ran across the road to the gas station when I finished because I didn't know if I could make it home. For whatever reason, when I stopped, the sensation went away. By the time I got home (about a 25 minute drive), I was sprinting to the toilet. Let's just say, I didn't make it on time. Ugh.
    Those are the sleepiest smiles I've ever seen. [Jackie, Marion, Dani, ME]
  • 3/10/16: 7.03 miles, 9:10 average pace. I knew I needed to stay out of the 8's today. I planned on doing my friend's tempo run on Friday morning and knew I needed my legs to feel as fresh as possible. I ran with some wonderful ladies at our monthly donut run. In the end, the pace was perfect. It took me at least 3.5 miles to warm up and feel good, but, when I got to that point, I was golden.
    It was a wet morning for these Westerville ladies! [Jennie (I hope I spelled that right!), ME, Mary, Beth]
  • 3/11/16: 10.04 miles, 9:08 average pace. One of my favorite runs of the week because I was finally feeling back to normal (and I got to run with Ellen and Jen)! I joined these ladies for Ellen's 7 mile tempo run. There were 2 warm up miles [9:59, 10:13], 3 faster miles [8:27, 8:23, 8:23], and 2 cool down miles [9:32, 10:05]. I wanted to get three more miles so Jen joined me for an extra mile [8:54]; followed by 2 solo miles [9;01, 8:21]. I just kept thinking about how crappy I felt on Tuesday during my 12 miler and how much different I felt today. Sure, weather was cooler and I didn't have to pee and poop...but the difference in the way I felt was so significant. Running is a cruel sport!
  • 3/12/16: 4.05 miles, who the heck knows average pace. I knew I just needed 4 more miles to meet my weekly goal. After finding out about the time change for Sunday, I knew I wouldn't want to run Sunday late afternoon after traveling all day. This little "run" was broken up into four parts: 2 mile warm up with Amanda (she was running the DC half and I was there to spectate), half mile to the metro station to get to my first stop, another half mile from the last metro station to the finish line, and a 1 mile cool down with Amanda. My only take away is that I would hate to live and run in the middle of the city because we had to stop at so many freaking stop lights.
    I always forget how much taller I am than Amanda!
  • 3/13/16: REST. Spent the day losing an hour of sleep due to daylight savings and driving back home from WV. I had a whole two and a half hours between getting home and leaving, again, for Bible study. I better snooze hard tonight!
 
**********
 
How Far Along: 17 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: The size of my palm!
  
Weight Gain: Forgot to weigh myself this week. These are last week's stats. 9 lbs., Starting weight: 112 lbs., Current weight:  121 lbs.
 
Symptoms: Nothing.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: None.
  
 
Coming Up: Next appointment on March 15th...ULTRASOUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment