Diary of a Prunner
Ahh! Vacation Week. I was able to run whenever the heck I wanted. Sure, they were all solo runs but not really because so many people were out walking and riding their bikes. I saw maybe three other runners the entire week! LOL. I really wanted to make every run this week easy since I had the half marathon relay. I wasn't looking to shatter any records, but I wanted my legs to feel mostly rested.
I was still able to hit my mileage goal for the week [40.11 miles!!!], and my bod easily tolerated a 12 miler! I had a little bit of a hamstring issue earlier in the week that made me nervous, but it seems that a rest day and a lot of easy running helped that out.
One of the best parts of the week was being able to run in shorts and a sports bra! The way running was meant to be. It was glorious. My only hang up was wondering if people realized I was pregnant or if they thought I was just some skinny chick with a beer gut. Either way, I was running and they weren't!
- 2/15/16: 6 miles, 8:29 average pace. I felt like I was running way faster than that average! It must have been the heat and humidity. A little different than the 2 degree run I had the day before!! This run was my chance to get to know the immediate area around my in-laws' condo. It is so pretty here. I just enjoyed my surroundings and searched for gators.
Out by the bay.
- 2/16/16: REST. I wanted to run SO bad but I needed to rest my legs. After my cold, faster miles on Sunday, I noticed a weird pain in my right medial hamstring. I was hoping it would be gone by the next day, but I think all of the traveling to Florida didn't allow for proper healing. I probably should have slowed way down for yesterday's run, but I was too excited about the amazing weather. I had to force myself to take this day easy...AND IT WORKED!! My legs felt brand new the next day. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! This is the best way to prevent injury.
- 2/17/16: 12.06 miles, 9:15 average pace. I was so proud of this run! Not necessarily proud of the pace because I'm definitely not used to seeing these numbers yet, but proud that I am becoming disciplined in my pregnancy to recognize what my body is telling me to do. I have to choose what's most important to me at this time: miles or pace? I choose miles! I took the same route as I did on Monday but went further out. My in-laws told me I needed to run over the bay bridge. The thought was scary to me but I decided to go for it. As I was climbing the bridge, I got a little emotional. It was so beautiful! I just felt so blessed to be able to be in Florida and enjoy running in this gorgeous weather for a week. I am definitely a heat and humidity kind of girl! The run was amazing, and I never felt tired. I hope this is a good sign for the next few weeks.
On the bridge.
- 2/18/16: 6.2 miles, 9:01 average pace. 10k Thursday! Even with mile one being 9:40, I managed to get my average down to 9:01. It was slightly annoying, though. I almost ran more in order to get my average to be sub 9, but then I couldn't call it "10k Thursday!" My slow start was due to feeling some fatigue from yesterday's long run, but I seemed to warm up pretty quickly. My remaining miles felt very easy and ranged from 8:42 to 9:03.
Had to run on the pier.
- 2/19/16: 6.42 miles, 9:32 average pace. I literally thought I was going to pass out. I wanted to get 15k today but it just wasn't going to happen. I was so freaking tired. The only plus is that it was gorgeous outside, and I got to run in a sports bra again. I was happy when this one was over.
Last run in paradise.
So, obviously, this week was awesome. I just wish I could have transported all of my friends to Florida with me. We would have turned heads. Lots of creepy old men.
How Far Along: 14 weeks, 4 days
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: It's the size of a fist.
Weight Gain: 8 lbs. Starting weight: 112 lbs., Current weight: 120 lbs. (Vacation pounds?!!!)
Symptoms: Not much. Occasional pelvic discomfort after a harder run.
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing different.
Coming Up: Next appointment on March 15th...ULTRASOUND!