Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, February 14, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 13 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
***********
Found the medal from my very first marathon! I'm hoping to make my return to LR in 2017.

This week included a lot of griping and complaining about the temps.  My long run was only 10.5 miles, but I still met my weekly mileage goal [40.19 miles!]. Even though I have days that I feel really slow and sluggish, I am thankful that I have days that I feel awesome and speedy...well, for a pregnant lady. ;)
  • 2/8/16: 6.57 miles, 8:41 average pace. Progressive run and we weren't even trying! I met Karen, Liz, Sarah, and Jennie at a whopping 5 a.m. for this run. It was a little wet on the ground, but it didn't rain as much as I thought. I overdressed like crazy thinking I was going to get soaked!
  • 2/9/16: 5 miles, 8:40 average pace. This was a snowy solo run. I knew I would have a small window in my afternoon between work and my OB appointment. I procrastinated a little because I was SO sleepy and wanted to take a nap. By the time I willed myself to get dressed, I only  had time for 5 miles. This was a tough run because the sidewalks in my hood were snow covered. Because it was a busy time of day, I wasn't able to run on the roads. Bummer. I did manage to have another progressive run with my last mile being 8:07.
  • 2/10/16: 6.05 miles, 9:18 average pace. So cold and snowy this morning. I met Karen and Megan at Schneider's ( I made sure I was there at 4:45 a.m. for the good donuts). The first mile was awful. We had no real plan for our route and the first mile ended up being all snow and some fun wind. We decided at that point we'd hit up some safe roads to avoid the snow. I don't think any of us were feeling it this morning. My lower abdomen was feeling a little funky today. I'm not sure what that was all about. Definitely a pregnancy thing because I had never felt it before. Moral of the story: It's over and I added 6 more miles to my week.
  • 2/11/16: 10.5 miles, 9:03 average pace. I split this run between the road and the mill. I seriously hate the cold. Seriously. The temp was 21 with a wind chill of 8 degrees. I did a pretty good job of dressing myself but my freaking face was frozen yet sweating up a storm at the same time. I did 8.1 miles outside. At first, I was like, "Wow, where is this wind that I'm seeing on all of the flags?" Then I turned around for the 4 mile trek back to The Y. WTF. Stupid wind. I was fighting the entire way back. On top of that, there were many sidewalks with snow. I was over it. I decided not to do any more outside. I really wanted 12, but, when I started on the treadmill, I was super bored. Pretty much a no win situation that day. I was ok with 10.5 as my "long run" for the week. I just have a bad attitude this time of year. I have no idea how I'm going to train next winter for the Little Rock marathon.
    Truth.
  • 2/12/16: REST. I considered running but my body was a little tired. I was also still rebelling against the cold.
  • 2/13/16: 7 miles, 8:41 average pace. I was in a bad mood when I woke up. The hubs told me to have a great run (as he was still lying in bed), and all I could think about was throat punching someone because I was getting up earlier than I would have preferred. LOL. I'm glad I kept my mouth shut because I felt so much better after the run. I started pretty slow because I wasn't feeling it. Something came over me during the second mile. I even made friends with the guy on the treadmill next to me. I could tell he had some sort of goal in mind, and he was struggling. I could hear his pep talks to himself. We ended up cheering each other through our runs and fist bumping after we finished! Made my morning.
    
    So much sweat.
    
  • 2/14/16: 5.06 miles, 8:28 average pace (would have been 8:16 average without that warm up mile!!). I'm learning to separate pregnant Lisa from the Lisa I was in the fall. It's a process. I was SO excited about the result of this run. I headed out assuming it would be slow. It was so cold outside. The wind chill was 2 degrees. I was pretty bundled up, but, again, my face was frozen. The first half of the run was against the wind which might explain my pretty slow start {Mile 1, 9:16]. I seemed to hit my stride and had a great progressive run [8:39, 8:28, 8:12, 7:47]. Yes, 7:47!!! Go me! A number that used to be so normal to me is now foreign. At least I'll get a baby in exchange for it!!
 
I'm looking forward to our vacation week in Punta Gorda, Florida. Highs of 76-78 and lows in the mid 50's. It will be freaking amazing. I'm pretty sure I'll have to run everyday to take advantage of the temps. I'll take off Saturday and be ready for my half marathon relay on Sunday!! Hopefully Columbus doesn't greet us with 20 degree temps next weekend.

**********
 
How Far Along: 13 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: It's heart rate was 150 bpm! It sounded strong and healthy.
 
Weight Gain:  5 lbs. Starting weight: 112 lbs., Current weight:  117 lbs. (This was earlier in the week. Based on my diet the past two days, I might have another pound on me)
 
Symptoms: Nothing really. I do still have heartburn and get sick when I eat too much but these things can usually be controlled.
 
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing different.
 
Coming Up: Next appointment on March 15th...ULTRASOUND!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment