Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, February 7, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 12 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********

Schneider's Donut Run. That's a good lookin' group of ladies.

 I had a decent week, overall. I'm feeling much better, but I had a couple of horrible nights. My average paces were slower this week but I mixed in really slow warm ups with faster miles. I also followed up my long run with a long-ish run. Both of those runs felt pretty sluggish. I'm still very happy with my week and managed to meet my goal again: 42.08 miles!
 
  • 2/1/16: 6 miles, 8:40 average. Goal was to enjoy the gorgeous opportunity to run in capris. Mission, accomplished! I decided not to look at my splits and just run what felt really easy. My only challenge today was trying not to pee in my britches. About a half mile into my run, I had the sudden urge to pee like a race horse. Fortunately, I knew there was a fire station nearby. The receptionist was gracious enough to let me in as soon as I said I was pregnant and had to pee!
    
  • 2/2/16: 8 miles, 8:49 average pace. Although my average doesn't necessarily appear this way, I did my first attempt at an interval workout. I'm not really focused on speed work since I'm pregnant but, as a seasoned runner, it's in my blood to have a somewhat structured program! I did 8x400m repeats with 400m recovery. I normally like to hit up the track for short intervals but decided to stick to the road. I did a slow as molasses 3 mile warm up. I felt SO AWFUL during my warm up that I almost decided to quit and stick to all easy miles. I told myself to stop being a quitter and just go for it! The worst that could happen is that I just wouldn't able to handle it today. I'm so glad I went for it!! The next 4 miles were spent running a fast quarter mile followed by a recovery quarter mile. My fast pace ranged anywhere from 6:30 to 7:25 while my recoveries were typically in the 9s. I didn't feel warmed up and good until after 6 miles...story of my life. My intervals got faster the longer I was out there. Maybe that's why I prefer the longer races. I need to start doing a 5 mile warm up before my 5k's!
  • 2/3/16: REST. Perfect day for a rest because work was NUTS.
  • 2/4/16: 6 miles, 8:27 average pace. DONUT RUN!! A local running group does a monthly donut run (what they don't know is that I try the weekly version of this run...hehehe). I made plans to run 4 faster miles with my friend, Christine, so I decided to show up a little early for a couple of warm up miles. The girl killed me last week so I needed to be able to keep up AND talk at the same time!
    I seriously do not know what the hell is going on with my hair lately. It's looking absolutely cray cray when I run. [Me, Christine]
  • 2/5/16: 12 miles, 9:10 average pace. I'm not sure why I keep attempting my long runs on Fridays. I never seem to feel good on these days. Maybe all of the hard work from the week catches up with me on Fridays. Maybe it's because I'm no longer getting my weekly margarita. Who knows?! I did feel very sluggish during this run. I decided not to look at my watch at all until I finished. I was a little surprised at my average. I felt like I was running closer to 9:30+ per mile. Something did come over me the last two miles, and I ended with 8:53 and 8:37.
    Happy because it's an amazing day, and I just did 12 miles!!
  • 2/6/16: 10 miles, 9:19 average pace. I had grand plans to wake up and run 8-10 miles before Jimmy had volleyball. I ate way too much for dinner last night and spent the rest of the evening feeling SO SICK! I could not stop dry heaving. I actually went to bed after James fell asleep. I didn't have the energy to stay up. I woke up around 4:30 a.m. and my legs felt like lead. I knew I wouldn't be able to tolerate my intended workout in the morning. I decided to just sleep in and wait until the afternoon. I did everything in my power to procrastinate starting this run. It eventually happened, and I'm so glad it did. It was a pretty slow pace for me, but it's pretty much what I expected based on the way I felt. It was such a gorgeous day that I couldn't help but smile the entire time.
    Spent some time on the trail today. The fact that it's sunny in this Ohio winter is a bonus!
  • 2/7/16: REST. I've been running 6 days a week and completely resting one day. After my long run on Friday, I just wanted to get these miles out of the way so I could have an extra rest day. Plus, isn't it sinful to do anything active on Super Bowl Sunday?! My plan for this day: church, food, and football!!!
 
 
**********
 
How Far Along: 12 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: I have a plum in my belly!
 
Weight Gain: 5 lbs. Starting weight: 112 lbs., Current weight: 117 lbs.
 
Symptoms: Lots of heartburn. The all day nausea seems to have FINALLY subsided! I had one horrible night this week in which I didn't sleep well the night before and it caught up with me by the end of the day. A couple of nights later, I had the eating-too-much incident that made me feel sick as a dog. I just need to change my normal eating habits so I don't feel so sick at night.
 
Cravings/Aversions: Still no coffee BUT I have been able to tolerate by beloved Coca-Cola a little bit.
 
Coming Up: Next appointment on Feb 9th...This Tuesday!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment