Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, January 11, 2016

D.O.A.P.: Week 13? 9?

I still don't know how far along I am but can't wait to find out on Tuesday!!! I'm going to try to treat this as a diary and report what I'm really feeling through this process. My hope is that it will allow you guys to feel a connection in some way...whether you feel inspired, annoyed, empathetic, thankful it's not you. I want my family and friends who can't be with me directly to feel connected to this process during a time that should be enjoyed and filled with those you love.
 
**********
  • 1/4/16: 3 miles, 8:48 average. I title this "I'm just not feeling it." This was the first day I actually felt good. Minimal nausea, a little more energy. I was excited when I got on the treadmill. That is, until I actually started running. I was bored. Maybe it was because I was on a treadmill, AGAIN. I didn't want to go outside because it was cold, and I didn't have my cold gear with me. So I settled for a measly 3 miles and whined to my friend, Amanda, via text about how horrible my life is. LOL!
  • 1/5/16: 8 miles, 8:33 average. This was an amazing run. This is the day I had no work so I asked Jimmy to bring James to the sitter. I had the urge to be productive. I had no significant nausea this day and did 6 hours of organizing at home. I followed that up with this run. I'm sure it helped that it was unseasonably sunny outside. I didn't run super fast but it was nice to feel REALLY good in my normal easy pace range. Can I get a repeat?!
    Ah, sun!
  • 1/6/16: 5.5 miles, 8:17 average. We did family gym night at The Y so I hit up the mill. I started at 8:57 pace to warm up then gradually sped up from there. I was feeling good so I ventured into the low 8s. By 4 miles, I was ready to try some speedier miles. I did my fifth mile at 7:40. I knew I only had time for another half mile so I increased the speed to 7:30. I was bummed that I had to stop because I was feeling AWESOME! I'm hoping for more of these days in my future.
  • 1/7/16: Didn't do crap. Another rough day for me. Moderate nausea, lots of fatigue, HUGE migraine. *Light Bulb Moment: I realized I didn't drink as much water as I usually do. OOPS.
  • 1/8/16: 10 miles, 8.71 @ 8:47 average, 1.31 @ 9:32 average. Long Run? So, I had good intentions to run 12 miles today. I set out with Amber and Kimberly to accomplish my mission. Six miles in, I started dry heaving. FUN! I took a mini break and caught up with the girls and stopped again at 8.7 miles for another short break. I refused to end my day until I had double digits so I did a SLOW 1.3 miles to make 10! Looking back, I wish I had tried running 12 on Tuesday when I felt great!
    Wet and cold. Awesome.
  • 1/9/16: 6.12 miles, 8:28 average. I felt very sick but seemed to get a second wind in the last mile. I probably should have kept going at least a couple more miles but something was telling me to just stop. I was happy with this run and happy that I was able to do it with friends. (spent most of my time with Jackie but had a little Marion and Dani action too!)
    [Dani, Marion, car, Jackie, Me]
  • 1/10/16: The worst day I've had in a long time. I had grand plans to run 8 miles. Unfortunately, I woke up to my husband yelling for me to come downstairs because out sweet, precious Aussie had passed away unexpectedly overnight. It was completely unexpected but I don't have it in me to share my story yet. Just know that it was a devastating day for us and running was the last thing on my mind. Plus, I didn't eat until 6 p.m. so I'm sure that wouldn't go well with running 8 miles while pregnant.
    Our precious Izzie.
 
**********
 
I normally would have more to share but my heart still aches today. I've been working on the post throughout the week and didn't want it to go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this about your dog... I am so sorry. We lost our Benny a couple of years ago, and it was incredibly hard on all of us. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete