Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, January 17, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 9 Weeks

Early bump, right?! I swear I'm bumping through my running shirts!

I officially know how far along I am! The fact that my pregnancy weeks start on Wednesday bothers me! LOL. Why can't it be Monday?! It just doesn't work well with my brain. I went to the OB on Tuesday and their fancy ultrasound estimated that I was 8 weeks and 6 days. I can't believe I was wrong! So, basically, I started having intense nausea before I even conceived?! WTH. I guess my GERD  really was still an issue at the time. Either way, YAY for a healthy heartbeat!
 
**********
 
This running week has been SO much better with regards to nausea and fatigue. I took it pretty easy with my pace this week in hopes it would boost my confidence. It definitely worked! I ran a whopping 42.05 miles this week.
 
  • 1/11/16: 9 miles, 8:50 average pace, treadmill. I started off super easy at 8:57 pace. I think I did that for 2-3 miles and decided to kick it up just one notch. I just slowly progressed my pace. I don't think I ran faster than 8:30 pace this day. I had no real goal as far as distance. I just told myself to make it to 6 miles and see how it goes. I felt so good that I decided to run until I had to leave to pick up James. This was a day I probably could have accomplished that long run goal of 12-14 miles.
  • 1/12/16: 7 miles, 8:34 average pace, treadmill. I dipped closer to 8min/mile my last couple of miles. I thought about turning this into a speed workout because I was feeling good again but I remembered I have a half marathon this weekend and wasn't sure if my pregnant body would recover from that kind of crap right now. I just want to be able to survive that freezing cold 13.1 on Sunday!
    Getting a lot of action on the mill lately.
  • 1/13/16: Nada. It was a perfect day for rest because I felt awful.
  • 1/14/16: 6 miles, 8:26 average pace. I finally got to run outside!! It was gorgeous...mid 30s and mostly sunny. It was ALMOST a progressive run. The third mile was a gradual decline which meant mile 4 was slightly up. I ended with some miles closer to my marathon race pace so that's always a good feeling. [8:51, 8:33, 8:27, 8:35, 8:10, 7:57]
    I enjoyed this slushy run.
  • 1/15/16: 6 miles, 8:21 average pace. As far as pace, this was one of my better runs this week. My last three miles were 8:04, 7:54, and 8:10. It was SO slippery outside. I was shocked! It was 40+ degrees the day before and I'm pretty sure it didn't reach freezing the night before. Marion and I tried to run on the road when it was appropriate but there was a lot of tip toe-ing this morning. We managed to make it 5.5 miles before biting the dust. We were rounding a corner and Marion went kerplunk. I was fairly steady until I saw her fall and turned to help her. Then, I went kerplunk. My fall wasn't even close to hers. UGH. We tried to make it humorous by using a maxi pad from my purse to stop the bleeding on her knee.
    That pretty much describes Marion and me. We fell right at the corner of Cleveland and County Line!
  • 1/16.16: 1.6 miles, 10:03 average pace; 3.4 miles, 8:46 average pace. I was NOT motivated to make things happen today. I kept procrastinating and almost decided not to run at all. Around 9:30 a.m., I remembered there was going to be a group shakeout run for the half I was doing the next day. I decided to join in on the fun in hopes it would motivate me to do SOMETHING today. The group run was 1.6 miles. After getting my race packet, I felt I was motivated enough to get a few more. I made it an even 5 for the day. I challenged myself a bit by running up the Morse Road incline near my house. I did feel nauseous today but hoped it would be better by race time.
    Broke Man's Shakeout Run.
  • 1/17/16: 8.12 miles, 8:41 average pace; 0.93 miles, 9:16 average pace. Broke Man's Half/7/3.5 miler. I did NOT finish the half but did get some miles! I will, of course, write my race report later.
    The race medal says enough.
 
**********
 
How Far Along: 9 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: The green olive is starting to form its runner muscles, and it's heartbeat is audible.
 
Weight Gain: Nothing yet. Although, I feel like I'm eating ALL THE TIME! My belly seems to be changing shape. (current: 112 lbs.)
 
Symptoms: Still have nausea and fatigue but not as intense as the past several weeks. Sleep has slightly improved thanks to Unisom!
 
Cravings/Aversions: Coffee. Oh, how I miss my coffee! I just can't force myself to drink it. Coke is even iffy to me right now. I'm currently on an Egg McMuffin and Sweet Tea kick.
 
Coming Up: Next appointment on Feb 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment