Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, January 24, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 10 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
**********

SOOO cold this week. The exact reason only one of my runs was outside! I've been such a wuss this year.

I'm becoming a little more positive as the weeks go by. With James, I was sick for about 11 weeks. I'm hoping this little one's vicious attack on my body will end soon!
I really needed a week like this after my race fail last Sunday. Sure, I felt like crap a lot but I had two really good runs that did a good thing for my confidence. I ended the week with 41.5 miles! Right now, I'm at peace that 10 miles might be my limit for a long run until I get through this trimester. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to run longer when I feel better.

**********
Only if you're a male. I always want to high five the women that run around me. If you are a man, a sneak a peak at your speed and go faster! I know you aren't running as long as me. If I go faster, that just means I went longer and faster. Sorry, dudes. HA!!

  • 1/18/16: 4 miles, 8:49 average pace, treadmill. I was so tired. Even though I didn't feel like I ran that hard at my race, my body felt as if it did run a race. I always have good intentions never to do less than 6 miles, but it wasn't happening today.
  • 1/19/16: REST.
  • 1/20/16:10.5 miles, 8:43 average pace, treadmill. I can't believe I ran more than 7 miles on the treadmill and didn't hate it. I got distracted by ESPN and American Pickers. I felt so awesome during this run. When I realized I felt I could go forever today, I picked up my pace towards the end because I knew I had to stop by 3:30 pm to pick up James. It's always a bummer when I feel like I can run my 12-14 mile long run goal but don't have time to make it happen. I was still happy about double digits!! That hasn't happened in a week and a half.
  • 1/21/16: 7 miles, 8:19 average pace, treadmill. Another great run! I had an awful start to my day. When I got to the gym, I sat in my car trying to will myself to go in. I actually fell asleep for 1+ hours! LOL. When I woke up, I felt a lot better mentally. Physically, I wasn't sure if I could do it. The first mile was rough but a second wind hit me. I put the mill at 6.8 for mile 1 and increased a notch every mile for 5 miles (progressed from 8:49 to 8:20). I ran mile 6 at 8 minute pace thinking it would be my last mile. I felt so great that I decided to do one more mile. I just increased my pace every quarter mile to distract me (progressing from 7:53 to 7:30 pace).
  • 1/22/16: 5 miles, 8:56 average pace, you guessed it...treadmill. My body told me I needed an easy day. I considered resting but that's just rubbish. I was just thinking about how much I wanted to get at least 40 miles this week. The first half mile was tough but my legs were good after that! I think I was inspired by the elderly man running laps around the indoor track. It brought a smile to my face every lap. :)
  • 1/23/16: 10 miles, 8:57 average pace, treadmill. I wanted double digits. The first 6 felt great but then I was getting nauseous. I stopped to switch to a treadmill with a fan which seemed to help a little. Miles 7-8 were rough, but my last two were ok. I then went home and ate the following: a bacon and egg biscuit with a side of hashbrowns from Bob Evans and THREE donuts. OMG, I'm ashamed to admit this out loud. It was so freaking delish and I want more. In my defense, the donuts were on the small side. Hehehe.
    This is from Mrs. Renison's in Marysville, OH. Cake donut with chocolate frosting. The sprinkles are just a diabetic bonus.
  • 1/24/16: 5 miles, 10:08 average pace. I was able to join some of my favorites that I don't typically get to run with. I didn't want any more than 6 miles today and needed to be home by 8 a.m. I joined some of Westerville's finest at the beginning of their long run. I really didn't want to venture into the cold but I'm so glad I did! I'm sure the wind chill was single digits but I layered myself up: 2 pairs of tights, 4 layers up top, and lots of headgear! It was a great way to end my training week.
    Such an awesome group of ladies. They have some big goals this year, and I can't wait for them to be successful!! [Front: Megan, Tracey, Me; Back: Maria, Sarah, Jenny, Nicole, Ellen]


**********
 
 How Far Along: 10 weeks, 4 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: The prune is developing knees and ankles (for running, of course!). It's stomach is starting to function...getting ready for those running GI issues!
 
Weight Gain: 2 lbs. (current: 114 lbs.) I'm still wanting to eat everything in sight. I'm having trouble thinking of things to eat during the work day to satisfy my hunger (remember, I travel for work so have to eat from my car...ideas are welcome).  
 
Symptoms: nausea, fatigue, constipation...oh my! I fell asleep in my car after eating lunch the other day. Don't worry...I was parked.
 
Cravings/Aversions: Still can't do coffee, and coke is limited. This week, I was dying to eat a baked potato (made me think of my friend, Lynn!).
 
Coming Up: Next appointment on Feb 9th.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment