Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Baby James: 9 weeks...I'm Growing Immensely!


This week has been all about growth! James went through a 3 day growth spurt this week and it was EXHAUSTING! He ate every hour...no joke. Sometimes it was one boob, sometimes both. He drank so much milk during that day that each of those days, towards the end of the evening, he would have a major spit up! Let's just say that mommy and daddy had a few extra wardrobe changes this week. On a positive note, he seems to have gotten past the fussy stage he just had :)

He went to his 2 month well visit at the pediatrician's office this week. I was most excited about finding out his weight and least excited about his first round of immunizations. At his 2 week appointment, he weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and was 20.25 inches long. At this appointment, he was 9 lbs. 14 oz. and 22.75 inches long! Good growing, son! Also, Dr. D confirmed what I have been saying the last couple of weeks...when she entered the room she said "Oh my, his head has grown!" His head circumference is in the 66 percentile which seems fine but, compared to the rest of him, it looks huge. She did a thorough check up and said that there is no concern regarding his big head :)

After the excitement of catching up with Dr. D, we had to do the immunizations. She assumed he would be easy because he's such a good baby BUT he had some issues with the oral immunization. I've never had a problem giving him his vitamin orally but Dr. D had issues! He had major spit up the first attempt so she had to get another thing of the immunization (I hope I don't get charged twice!). As far as the three shots, he did well. He cried as he was getting them but quickly stopped after it was over. He slept a couple of hours afterwards so that Mr. Boo and I were able to go out to eat for lunch. It wasn't until we got home that things were sad. My poor baby screamed in pain. His entire thigh was red and swollen :( Once we gave him some Tylenol and let him sleep on my chest, he slept for 3 hours and was fine when he woke up. He was happy the rest of the evening and didn't need any more Tylenol. I have a brave boy!

My boy is still sleeping well at night (even through the growth spurt period) and sleeps 4 1/2 to 6 hours for his first session then about 3 after that.

I noticed this week, even though it's been going on a little longer, that he is less interested in his paci (which is ok with me!). I guess it's just not his thing.

Mr. Boo and I went on our first date without James! Last weekend, Grandma Deb came to watch him while we went out for lunch. I knew James was in good hands but I was worried that he would be really fussy the whole time. When we got back home, Deb said he slept the entire time! For those who are curious, Mr. Boo and I went to Local Cantina at Creekside in Gahanna. It was SO DELICIOUS! I definitely recommend checking it out...I think Grandview has one as well. (P.S. I realized the importance of going on baby-less dates. I was in such a good mood by the time we were finished with our date)

The only "first" I can think of this week is the fact that I started experimenting with our cloth diapers. I put one on  for a few minutes the other day to see if he would tolerate it. I then realized I hadn't washed the inserts yet so I took it off and took care of business. I put another one on him Thursday evening and night. Things seemed to go well but the diapers are so huge! It makes him look funny!

I guess there's one more "first." I met up with two new friends (from my Bradley birth course) for sushi happy hour. We all decided to bring our babies! It was very interesting trying to fit in this tiny restaurant with our three car seats, three diaper bags, etc. Kirstin and I arrived first and the workers probably thought we were crazy because we were trying to figure out if we were going to hold our babies vs. keeping them in their seats, etc. I can't speak for the other ladies but I was confused! :)

One more full week with my boy before I go back to work...so much adjustment in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment