Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Staying Positive...Not Easy

I have had the most crappy weekend of all time. I had grand plans of being productive...getting things ready for our vacation, cleaning the house, making cookies, finishing Christmas shopping, etc. but God had another plan...and I haven't quite figured out why this was His plan.
First, I got sick. I NEVER get sick. I'm not even sure what I had. Thought it might have been food poisoning but now I'm beginning to think it was some sort of flu. I spent my entire Saturday on the couch in pain...Jimmy took good care of me :)
The next day, I felt so much better. I could actually walk around without pain. I took a small trip to Target to get some things and, on my way home, my car stops functioning. Not quite sure what it is but the gear shift wasn't working...my car wouldn't shift....had to call AAA (they are amazing, by the way) and get my car towed to Tuffy. Now Jimmy and I have to coordinate getting both of us to work with one vehicle. We've done it before, we know it sucks but we'll just deal with it appropriately.
I'm doing a decent job at staying positive (even though it sounds like I'm complaining a lot)...I just wish things weren't this way :( I'll just keep looking forward to that vacation we have in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment