Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Friday, November 4, 2011

Morning Exercise

I've always heard that it is better to exercise in the morning but never really knew the reasons why. If you know me, you know I'm NOT a morning person AT ALL! Three weeks ago, Jimmy and I decided that we would start waking up at 5:15 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings to workout. I am proud to say that we are still going strong! It's been the most amazing feeling but it has been a huge challenge for me. I thought I would share some reasons morning exercise is a good thing (according to Yahoo):
  1. Morning Exercisers Stick With It- If I had a crazy day at work and felt tired, that was my excuse for not working out...now that I do it in the morning, I don't have to feel guilty for skipping at night!
  2. Morning Exercisers Have More Energy- I think this is absolutely true...I feel so much better when I get home from the gym in the morning and I'm always ready to conquer the day...I can't believe I was literally rolling out of bed three weeks ago!
  3. Morning Exercisers Sleep Better- I honestly have not experienced this yet...I have such a hard time falling asleep at night. Maybe in a few more weeks it will start helping me sleep :)
  4. Morning Exercisers Eat Better- Not so much...maybe because I'm not trying to lose weight.
  5. Morning Exercisers Are in a Better Mood- I'm in a much better mood in the morning, for sure! But don't test me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment