I've always heard that it is better to exercise in the morning but never really knew the reasons why. If you know me, you know I'm NOT a morning person AT ALL! Three weeks ago, Jimmy and I decided that we would start waking up at 5:15 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings to workout. I am proud to say that we are still going strong! It's been the most amazing feeling but it has been a huge challenge for me. I thought I would share some reasons morning exercise is a good thing (according to Yahoo):
- Morning Exercisers Stick With It- If I had a crazy day at work and felt tired, that was my excuse for not working out...now that I do it in the morning, I don't have to feel guilty for skipping at night!
- Morning Exercisers Have More Energy- I think this is absolutely true...I feel so much better when I get home from the gym in the morning and I'm always ready to conquer the day...I can't believe I was literally rolling out of bed three weeks ago!
- Morning Exercisers Sleep Better- I honestly have not experienced this yet...I have such a hard time falling asleep at night. Maybe in a few more weeks it will start helping me sleep :)
- Morning Exercisers Eat Better- Not so much...maybe because I'm not trying to lose weight.
- Morning Exercisers Are in a Better Mood- I'm in a much better mood in the morning, for sure! But don't test me ;)