Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, September 3, 2017

CSWS: Week 15

Can't Stop, Won't Stop
 
**********

Roop.
ONE MORE WEEK!! Finally! I'm SO looking forward to this week. All easy miles, more sleep (hopefully), and mental imagery of me running a successful race. EEK!
 
  • 8/28: 4 miles, 9:42/mile. I met up with Jessie and Lisa B. in Gahanna for a short, easy run. A nice recovery run after Emerald City Half.
  • 8/29: 6.01 miles, 8:41/mile; Chest/Back, 30 minutes. Steady State Run (I got to enjoy an afternoon run!). Today called for 6 miles total with 3-4 in steady state pace range. I decided I would stick to 3 faster miles since I'm entering taper mode. I knocked out a couple of warm up miles, and my third mile ended up being in my pace range [8:33]. I didn't realized I was running that fast. Since I did, I just finished the run in steady state range [8:15, 8:25, 8:22]. The 8:15 mile was a little too fast, but I made myself slow down so all was good.
  • 8/30: 6 total miles, 8:44/mile. Track Day. Two mile warm up [9:32/mi], 6 x 2 minute fartleks with 2 minute recovery [2.93 miles averaging 8:12 with recoveries], 1.07 mile cool down [8:41/mi]. It was a crazy foggy morning! I was thinking about all of my friends who might be running on the road today. As a driver, it was hard to see anything!
    
  • 8/31: Bis/Tris/Legs, 40 minutes. It was a running rest day and a short work day, so I hit up the gym to pump some iron.
    End of the month means mileage count...212 miles for the month of August.
  • 9/1: 5.02 miles, 10:52/mile. I met up with Meg for the first time in FOREVER! It was a much needed catch up run for both of us. It was a chilly morning!!
    [Meg, ME]
  • 9/2: 10.42 miles, 8:55/mile. Last long run before Erie! The plan called for 10 miles with the last at race  pace (it ended up being 8:04). It was a wet, chilly morning. The night before, I was not thrilled about running in the rain. Not sure why because it typically doesn't bother me too much. I met up with a group of lovely ladies doing various distances. I made a route for those of us running shorter distances. Unknowingly, it took us through a muddy mess to get to the trail at Inniswood. Fortunately, there were plenty of puddles to clean our shoes. After that mess, I decided Katie could be in charge of the rest of our route! We ended up laughing off my muddy mess up and having a fun, wet run.
    So wet.

    Rainy Saturday crew! [Lisa B, ME, Katie, Jessica?, Beth, Kelly, Noemi, Amy, Bethany]
  • 9/3: Shoulders/Legs, 45 minutes. Another running rest day! My boo and I put the kiddos in child watch at The Y and had a workout together! So fun...just like old times.
FYI: It's birthday month!


No comments:

Post a Comment