Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, September 24, 2017

BTTG: Week 2

Back To The Grind
 
**********
Karate CHOP!

Just loving life.
 
 The humidity returned this week. The first day of fall didn't feel like the first day of fall. No complaints here, though, because I love warm weather runs (warm weather races...not so much). Overall, my runs felt great this week. I'm hoping that means I won't feel tired from the start for my next race. I'm decreasing my weekly mileage a bit in hopes that it helps prepare me for a successful race day experience.
 
  • 9/18: 9 total miles; 2.15 mile warm up outside, 8:39/mile; 6.85 on the treadmill, 7:47/mile. Workout: 3x3200 with 400 recovery progressing from about 7:55 to 7:25/mile. I chose sleep over getting up early and running solo in my hood. I had just enough time after work to get it done. Of course, you never know how these workouts will turn out, but this one was successful!
  • 9/19: 4 miles, 10:12/mile; Back, 35 minutes. I met Lisa B. in Gahanna for a short, easy run. No agenda today! We enjoyed catching up and trying to figure out our mental game.
  • 9/20: 7.01 miles, 8:31/mile. Legs/Yoga, 45 minutes. Steady state run. Elizabeth was looking for running partners for her workout, but none of us needed/wanted her particular workout. Katie and I told her we would run the same route so she wasn't totally alone, but do our workout. It ended up making all parties happy, safe, and successful. After a warm up mile, Katie and I set off with the goal of keeping the miles between 8:20-8:35. We were mostly successful!
    

  • 9/21: Bis/Tris, 30 minutes. Running rest day meant extra sleep and an afternoon trip to the gym.
  • 9/22: 20.01miles, 8:47/mile. It was a solo tour de Gahanna and New Albany for this runner. I found some ladies that were running early this morning, but it was too early for me...especially since I had the day off of work. I warned them the night before that I'd likely cancel, but I was going to set my alarm for 4 a.m. anyway. When the alarm went off, I immediately sent them a message to say I wasn't going to be there. I opted to sleep until 6-something, help the hubs get the kids ready, and set off just after 7 a.m. It was a gorgeous morning. It was cool in the beginning of the run. I had no route planned, so I just set off towards Creekside. I was able to catch this beautiful sunrise:
    Beauty.
    Since they finished the bike trail on Hamilton, I knew I could connect easily to New Albany without zig-zagging through Gahanna. As I went through some of the neighborhoods, I snapped a pic of the beautiful fall colors on this summer-like first day of fall:
    Gold dust.
    I ran my way through New Albany hoping that I'd turn around at the right moment. I had plenty of time to do the math, so I had a turn around number in mind. I couldn't leave NA without getting a picture of this flag...what a gorgeous day!!
    God Bless America.
    My only trouble this run was during miles 13-15. The sun was starting to beam down on me and I was running low on water. I knew I'd be passing by the LC, so I thought I'd look for a water fountain near the pool. Fortunately, they had a huge cooler of COLD water by the volleyball court. Thank you, LC!!! I filled up, and all was good for the rest of the run. I made my way back home via the pretty trails by Academy Park. It was such a happy, adventurous run! These are the moments I'm so thankful for. I only looked at my watch to check my distances for fueling and turn around points. I didn't look at my pace and managed to have a great run!
  • 9/23: 10.25 miles, 8:44/mile. I enjoyed a rare run with my old running crew in Powell. I'm not able to run with them very often, so it's always a treat when I do. They had there 20 miler, and I jumped in on the last half. Another great run and beautiful day. It was nice catching up with everyone. Special thanks to Jeanne who dropped off Gatorade and 1st place medals for us! So sweet and thoughtful!!
    [Dani, ME, Marion, Karen]
  • 9/24: REST. I took my kids to spectate the Big Bad Wolfe Race, went to church, drank afternoon coffee while the kids and boo napped, watched football, practiced yoga, and mowed the yard. So, yeah, rest. ;)
    Northwest Church of the Naz

    Colts actually won a game.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment