Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, June 26, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 32 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********

Flashback to a year ago (6/20/15) when I wasn't pregnant or injured. I'm pretty sure I just did a tempo run and was thrilled that I didn't die in the heat.
As I approach the day I can FINALLY run, I'm not super confident that I'll be able to tolerate it. My ankle's response to my rehab walking has been such a roller coaster ride. After a great week last week, I entered this week with a significant increase in my pain. It's caused quite the mental and physical struggle. Fortunately, the weekend wasn't as horrible so I'm slightly more optimistic but still scared out of my mind to try running.
 
  • 6/20/16: 2.01 walking miles, 37:36 (18:42/mile). I can't really remember a good moment during this walk. My ankle had been bothering me throughout the day, but I refused to take a rest day. James and I did our traditional trail walk while Jimmy played volleyball. That afternoon, Jimmy and I received a bit of bad news (as if we needed something else bad happen in 2016), so I was worked up about it while walking. Between my horrible ankle pain the second mile and my reminiscing of our horrible year, I cried for most of that mile and about 15 more minutes after we finished. If it weren't for my sweet boy being so happy, I would want to forget this day altogether.
    Home. Hoping I can bounce back from injury and pregnancy enough to return home in March to run the Little Rock marathon.
  • 6/21/16: 3 walking miles, 54:16 (18:05/mile); 12.2 cycling miles, 44:54. I met some of my running friends at the track while they did speed work. My ankle was aching before I even started, but I was determined to have a better day. I walked my first mile conservatively hoping that it would allow my ankle to warm up a bit. Not only was my ankle achy, but my opposite piriformis and shin were on fire. I had to stop just after a mile to stretch. It didn't seem to help that much. UGH.  I continued with my second mile and considered stopping after two (especially since that mile was slower than the first). I'm not sure if it was the presence of my friends, but I wanted to get my 3 miles. I was in so much pain that I started balling my eyes out as I was walking. I knew I wasn't hurting myself by continuing...my pain was simply a result of my weakness. I needed something to distract me, so I played one of my favorite worship songs ("Overcome"). It distracted me enough from the pain, but I continued allowing myself to cry. I cried that entire last mile and then some after finishing. Fortunately, I had some great friends there to support me, rub my back as I was hunched over in frustration, and even lay hands on me in prayer. It was pretty awesome despite my tears and frustration. My ankle ached the entire day at work, but I knew the cycling wouldn't make it worse. I opted for a longer ride than usual to make up for some missed days on the bike.
    I like anatomy references and love my friends. I have some great ones.
  • 6/22/16: 2 walking miles, 31:53 (15:56/mile); 0.62 mile walk/James run. My friend Sarah and I met again this Wednesday for an evening walk. I somehow kept a sub 16 pace but my right leg was on fire. The ankle was mediocre. Although I enjoyed the company, my legs were ready to stop. Afterwards, I met Jimmy and James at Hoff Park. James wanted to go for a "run" and made it a solid 0.62 miles.
    This is my boy, fo sho. Loves his Whit's.
  • 6/23/16: 2.19 total walking miles. We were able to get a family walk of 1.19 miles before James started freaking out about going down the slide. I spent half of the walk pulling him in the wagon and half walking the dogs. The start/stops of family walks are frustrating for me in my current condition because it really makes my ankle hurt. Jimmy took charge of watching James play and watching the dogs so I could get at least another mile solo. It was a slow one (18:33), but I was in so much pain from the family walk that I couldn't get myself to go. I went home to ice my ankle and look forward to my morning walk with a friend.
  • 6/24/16: 1.03 miles, 16:49 (16:20/mile); 8.1 cycling miles, 29:57; 2.16 miles, 35:11 (16:17/mile). I was bummed (and sleepy) when my morning run fell through. I wasn't totally sure when I would fit in my walking so I brought my gear with me. I had enough free time after dropping off James to get in a quick, measly mile. After seeing patients, I hit up The Y for some cycling followed by a loop around the trail. My ankle was moderately achy with walking today, but not the worst it's been this week.
    Afternoon walk=freaking hot=limited clothing. I'm sure my belly scared a few kids.
  • 6/25/16: 6.2 total walking miles. Today was such a hodge podge and didn't allow for my typical Saturday long walk. I'm going on a week of shotty sleep, and today was no different. James woke up at 6am!!! Doesn't he know it's Saturday?! I had enough time to walk 1 stroller free mile before Jimmy had to leave for volleyball. James and I had a 1 mile race to attend so we headed that direction.
    Post race grub.
    We did an additional 1.5 miles prior to the race. For the Chloe Stroller Stroll, we walked 1.01 in 15:03 (14:54/mile average). My goal was to get my mile in the 15's. Go us!! I would have been ok with that mileage for the day, but I was bored when the boys were napping. I was able to get another 2.69 miles that afternoon, bare belly, in the blazing heat [45:49 (17:02/mile)]...and no brace! My first mile this morning was very painful, but my other miles felt mostly great!
    Stroller mile PR!
  • 6/26/16: 4.2 walking miles, 1:07:37 (16:06/mile). When I noticed I was only 4.14 miles away from meeting my monthly walking goal, I knew I could find time to make it happen today. Not only would I meet my goal, but I would get in that "long walk" I missed out on yesterday. I wanted to try and sleep in this morning so I opted for a blazing hot post church walk. I decided to go to Antrim Park to walk the O Trail since it is seconds from my church AND mostly shady. I got in a good 1.87 miles when Amanda met up with me for the rest. I was glad to see her because I knew she'd speed me up a bit. Despite the heat, it was nice catching up with my friend! My ankle mostly behaved today. I had moderate pain the first couple of miles, but felt much better the last half with minimal to no pain.
    One of the best met me on this insanely hot and gorgeous afternoon. [ME, Amanda]
 
**********

The hubs was at the dog park so this was the best I could do on my own. I look HUGE!! (I did just eat City BBQ!!!)
 
How Far Along: 32 weeks, 5 days
 
What Baby Boo Deux is Up To: Still making its presence known.
 
Weight Gain: Didn't weigh myself again this week.
    

 
Symptoms: Horrible sleep and some nausea. My lack of sleep has made this week a rough one. On top of that, I've had some nausea throughout the day. I think it's from a poor diet this week. Baby Boo Deux is sucking out all of my nutrients.
 
 
Cravings/Aversions: I'm not so sure I would consider it a craving, but pickles have been really good this week.
 
 
Coming Up: OB appointment on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment