Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Mileage

I've been slacking in the blog department this week. I just haven't felt inspired...

I was flipped by Marion.

Ok, that was super random and I have no appropriate transition to my point.
 
**********
 
It's official...June has been my lowest monthly mileage this year. I suppose I have a valid excuse...or three:
 
  1. I took a running break this month. I just needed it...5 days of NO RUNNING.
  2. I wasn't training for a big race. I guess that term is relative. For me, Flying Pig, DC, and J to G were "big races." My next race (THIS SATURDAY!!) is a 10k. Definitely a goal race, but not as many miles are required.
  3. I just wanted to take it easy for a change! As I mentioned before, I trained intensely for 4 1/2 months leading up to Pig. I was ready to take it easy on the miles.

Post tempo run in my hood.
**********
 
Even though my mileage was significantly lower, I challenged myself during my speed workouts. I also added an 8 mile hilly route on Sundays. Here's a recap of my mileage this year:
 
January-199.85 running, 61.5 cycling
February-160.26 running, 26.3 cycling
March-181.26 running, 25.2 cycling
April- 174.66 running
May-155.37 running, 18.5 cycling
 
and June...
 
123.5 running, 4 hours of Hip Hop Fitness

Hip Hop Fitness at Phlex Fitness.
After adding up my miles for the first half of the year, I was ONLY 5 MILES SHORT OF 1,000! UGH!! You don't know how bad I want to run a double today to get those miles!! If I wasn't racing Saturday, I'd be all over that. I still have a few hours to talk myself into it, though!

**********

What's next for Lisa? After my 10k on Saturday, I'll officially start marathon training! My program will start me at 40 miles for the first week and ramp up to the high 50s. That seems to be my limit. I have a few races between now and then but they will all be training runs incorporated into my long runs.
My first trail run at Highbanks.

Cheers to the second half of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment