Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I Have Random Thoughts...You Will NOT Gain Any Form of Knowledge From This Post

Things on my mind:
  1. DC finish: I was thinking this morning about how lost I felt at the 2014 Nationwide Cbus Marathon. I couldn't find Jackie at the start and freaked out. I also couldn't find her or my family after finishing even though I was standing under the "D" sign (D=Davis!). Apparently it was insanely unorganized compared to past years (I can only speak for two years prior and I remember it being much better then). I vowed not to make the same mistakes again. I have already typed out a directional itinerary of sorts so that me and my girls can meet up and go to the start TOGETHER. We also made plans to meet at the letter 'X' following the race in hopes that it won't be a popular letter to hang out post race.
  2. Booty shorts and tanks: The weather is leaning closer to promising for the race. The 10 day forecast for DC is showing 50s up to 61 as race day approaches! There is some rain predicted that Friday but anything can happen in 10 days. Because of this, I've been testing out some warm weather clothes that I haven't used in a long time. Things fit me differently post baby so I'm doing some treadmill workouts in my booty shorts and tanks to see how comfy they would be for racing.
  3. My imagination: I think I'm psyching myself out a little with this race approaching. I'm super excited but, because I have a lofty goal, I have some nerves coming into play. I've been extra aware of how my body is feeling the past week or so and I think I'm making up aches and pains. I'll feel these minor things in my body and wonder if it's something more. Psyching myself out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment