Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pride And Humility Are On My Mind

I always preface these types of posts with the following: I am NOT a deep thinker in any form or fashion. With that being said, there is something that has been piercing my brain lately and I can't seem to shake it. When that happens, I take it to my husband who takes me to the Bible.
 
I haven't completely committed to the sin of pride lately but even the thought is enough in God's eyes. There have been some situations lately that have tempted me to go the route of pride rather than humility. Although I feel I've made the right decisions, for the most part, it's been extremely challenging to keep my mouth shut and just let it be.
 
Mr.Boo gave me three verses to look up:
  • Proverbs 11:2- Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
  • Proverbs 13:10a- Pride leads to conflict;
  • Proverbs 18:12- Haughtiness goes before destruction; humility precedes honor.
 
I tend to have to break out the dictionary when I read the Bible because my vocab isn't the best. Also, even if I know the meaning, reading it and writing it down can give me more insight. So, here are the definitions I looked up:
 
  • Disgrace- loss of reputation or respect, especially as the result of a dishonorable action
  • Haughtiness- the appearance or quality of being arrogantly superior and disdainful
  • Disdainful- showing lack of respect
 
I need to keep in mind that other peoples' opinions and assumptions about me don't matter. I also need to keep in mind that I don't know other peoples' situations in their entirety. Therefore, I have no right to form opinions and assumptions about them. I just need to swallow my pride (i.e. give it to the LORD) and be a shining light of love for my Jesus. This is my prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment