As usual, I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do set goals. Last year, I picked a "word of the year." My word was "INSPIRE." I'm not 100% sure if I accomplished that goal! I will say that, if I inspired at least one person, my year was victorious :)
I also had five goals last year. As I look back at my list, I know I met #3 & #4....the rest are based on other people's opinions.
My 2015 Goals:
- Get pregnant :) I wanted to start the getting pregnant process 2 MONTHS AGO! So what's the deal?! Mr. Boo promised me an awesome 5 year anniversary vacation in April and he "strongly suggests" that I not be pregnant on this vacation. So, to distract me from wanting to get pregnant, he lets me sign up for races...which leads me to the next few goals for 2015.
- Run a 1:40 half marathon. OMG. I can't believe I even typed that. Go big or go home, I guess! I PR'd (personal record) this year with a time of 1:50:13. After a 12 mile test run last weekend, I was on pace to break 1:45. My friends convinced me that I needed to set a challenging goal for the DC half in March so here I go!!!
- Marathon PR. I've been saying all year that I probably won't run a full marathon until after I'm finished having kids. I just felt like it was too much of a commitment. Now that I'm waking up at the butt crack of dawn (and then some) to run, I feel like I can make that commitment. I've also never trained outside in the winter so that's been new to me too! My current PR is 4:35 (way back in 2005...Little Rock Marathon!!). So, based on my recent performance, I should have no problem meeting this goal. The problem? It's all mental. I had a horrible full marathon experience two years ago and I have zero confidence. I'm hoping as my long runs increase in mileage, it will make me feel better about running a PR. I'm not 100% sure what my goal time will end up being but, right now, it would be a dream to get a sub 4 hour time.
- Run a half marathon while pregnant. If the good Lord allows me to get pregnant this year, I would LOVE to run a half marathon with my growing little munchkin. I'll probably plan a couple of races for the fall in hopes it will allow me to accomplish my goal.
- Enjoy my anniversary vacation to the fullest! I have been so anxious about this vacation. I am going to have to leave James for 6 days!! I can't even imagine. Even though it will be incredibly hard at first, I know that Jimmy and I really need this. If we aren't a good husband/wife team, we can't be good parents to James. And if we're wanting baby #2, a vacation like this will not be in our near future!
Nothing mind blowing or earth shattering but they are my goals :) Now it's up to you guys to do your part to help me make these happen!