Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 14: Running, what?!

What a whirlwind week I've had...Blah!!! Lost my job, already have an offer for another job, still have no diagnosis, and worrying about my mother. That's enough to keep someone trying to train for a marathon busy. Holy smokes. Surprisingly, through all of that mess, I only skipped one day of training and it was my easy 5 miler.
 
Although I can't really remember my workouts this week, I seemed to do well (I log all of my workouts on dailymile.com...otherwise, I would forget how I did). Looking back at my times, my confidence should be boosted a little. I even managed an 8:37 pace during my tempo run the other day. My bad bowels are still an issue with my running but it's been surprisingly better this week (probably because of my other distractions).
 
I have three...yes, three...challenges ahead of me this week:
  1. Two hour Hip Hop Fitness Event! As many of you know, I do Hip Hop on Mondays and class typically lasts an hour. This week is a special event to raise money for charity and it's TWO HOURS LONG! Not sure if I'll survive this one...but I'll have fun doing it!
  2. I have a 20 mile long run this week! Yikes! I need prayer for this one! Last weekend when I was supposed to do 20 miles, I wasn't able to do it. My symptoms were really bad that day and I couldn't tolerate the distance. This week, I'm determined to make it happen. It's my last long run before my race on October 21st. Training will begin to taper after this week.
  3. The most challenging of all this week...I'm attempting to go:
  4. I'm not going to be perfect and I know I will eat things I'm not supposed to eat at first. But my intentions will be good. This is my own personal experiment to see if it helps the issues I've been having the last month. Which is why I need to stop typing this blog and do more research for the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment