Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Day of Mental Rest...

...this is my goal today.



I've been in a MAJOR funk this week. I've felt completely overwhelmed; I've been getting what I call "hot flashes"...my older patients swear that I'm too young for hot flashes and tend to laugh at me when I claim I'm getting them. I went running the other day and was so mentally overwhelmed that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and just fell on the sidewalk and, like a stooge, I decided it was a good idea to get up and keep going instead of going home.

For some reason I felt like I should do some research on the birth control pill that I'm taking (Loestrin 24 FE) to see if it had something to do with it (my doc changed the one I was taking when I went to see him last month). The article had a section that mentioned: difficulty in sleeping, weakness, lack of energy, fatigue, or change in mood (possibly indicating severe depression). This is exactly how I've been feeling lately. These are things that I may experience every once in a while but lately it's been daily.

I talked with my boo about it and we decided I should ask for a mental rest day from my boss. I texted her and she graciously allowed it. I contacted my co-worker/friend who does our scheduling and told him I could do today or Friday and he graciously allowed me to take off today. I am so thankful for people who care. Hopefully a day of staying home and just relaxing will do me some good. I've called my doc to change my medicine and I promised Jimmy I wouldn't do any housework.


No comments:

Post a Comment