Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, March 5, 2012

To Run 26.2 or Not to Run 26.2...

That is my question!!!! Here is me at my 1st full marathon (Little Rock, 2005...so hilly it's ridiculous):


I'll never forget this experience. I remember the course like it was yesterday. The first 13 miles were ok...then the hills began...miles 13 through 19 were crazy hill after crazy hill. At that point, my butt felt like it was 100 lbs just weighing me down. The last 6-7 miles were just hell yet, I loved it all at the same time. I actually cried as I crossed the finish line. It was so amazing seeing my family cheering me on at the final stretch...they even had signs (my sister's friend, me, my sister Ashley):
I want to experience that feeling again! I am currently training for a 10 mile race on April 15th. My training is going well, injury free...I'm really being smart about it. This has been the most dedicated I've been with working out in a long time. I'm running 3 days a week and doing strengthening/cross training 2-3 days per week.
Columbus has a marathon in October that I am interested in running. Columbus is a fun and interesting city to see and experience and the marathon course would take me all over the city. The best part is that I would get to run through "The Shoe!" The only thing holding me back is the commitment and dedication to training. I'm not 100% confident that I can do it again. I mean, I'll be dirty 30 at that point! The only thing I can do is keep praying over it...weigh out the positives and negatives. If you have any opinions, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment