Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, June 17, 2018

GR BQ Week 3: My Return to Running Society

My Return to Running Society

**********
My biggest yoga accomplishment this week. Toe stand.


After 3-4 weeks of solo running, I finally decided I was ready to make an appearance on the streets of Columbus with my favorites. This week reminded me of the value of true friendships. Quality over quantity. There have been times in my past that I've experienced serious FOMO when it comes to doing things with others, running with certain groups and hanging out with certain people.
I just don't care anymore. I can't. There are so many wonderful people (and not so wonderful people) out there. You can't possibly be friends with all of them. I'm overjoyed with the people in my life right now. Anyway, I got a little sappy...

All easy miles this week. Nothing fancy:

  • 6/11: 6.62 miles, 9:04/mile; Haley's Bis/Tris Workout, 1 hour. I can't remember the reason why, but I ran on the treadmill. If I made an educated guess regarding the reason, it was because I chose to sleep in and it was hot as balls outside by the time I was able to run. 
    Holy Hip Opener.
  • 6//12: 10 miles, 8:57/mile; Yoga Balance, 45 minutes. Sarah and Laura were kind enough to come to my house this morning. After doing a few miles with Laura, Sarah and I enjoyed some one on one time that was long overdue. How is it that we went from winter to summer without even a taste of spring?! Bullshit. It has been so freaking humid in the morning and scorching hot in the afternoon...but I digress.
    We need to practice selfie eye contact. [ME, Sarah]
  • 6/13: 8 miles, 8:36/mile; Leg workout, 1 hour. I left my bubble in Gahanna to join my girls in Westerville. Per usual, we cannot keep to the intended pace. Some things never change. I was happy to have face time with these ladies. Even though we talk daily on Messenger, it's like hitting the lottery when we see each other in person.
    Not happy with my alarm.

    LOVE these two. [ME, Jen, Amanda]
  • 6/14: Tacy's Shoulder Workout, 1 hour. Cross training day turned into lift sesh. I used to hate shoulder workouts, but this has become one of my favorites.
  • 6/15: 15 miles, 8:48/mile. This has been my longest run since the Flying Pig Marathon. For whatever reason, I wasn't nervous at all. Especially since I didn't have the pressure of having to run MP or HP miles. I got to enjoy the company of friends for most of it. My only disappointment is that we didn't run my new, sexy route.
    Sarah gets credit for naming this route: Sperm Route Option D. (the sperm route is a regular run for us...option D is a new, accidental discovery thanks to my route making skills)
  • 6/16: REST. Oh boy. Umm...I intended to lift. I woke up with a hangover from hell. I cannot believe I let myself drink that much the night before. I don't remember being this bad since our trip to Jamaica. I had the worst headache and nausea. I attempted a "Yoga for Hangovers" workout, but I couldn't even tolerate that!! I emerged from my coffin around lunch time to get some carry out. I felt like a freaking vampire dying in the sun. I cannot imagine that I'll let that happen anytime soon. It's like giving birth without meds. You need to wait long enough to forget about the pain before doing it again.
    Girls night. I'm so disappointed that I didn't get to imbibe. I just couldn't tolerate the thought. [ME, Amanda, Jen]
  • When you feel sick, you watch Netflix documentaries. Love this guy!!!

  • 6/17: 7.04 miles, 8:44/mile; Yoga balance, 45 minutes. Sarah needed to run early before getting on a flight to India. Britt and I met her for some easy, sweaty miles. I am a genius and forgot to bring water and my Garmin. Thank goodness for the Strava app. I might have had a stroke if I couldn't record my mileage.
    I'm so impressed that I didn't trip while taking this.

    My absolute favorite part of every weekend is drinking coffee from a mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment