Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, November 19, 2017

RV: Week 2

Running Vacation
 
**********
 
Well, I did a bit much towards the end of my first week of vacation. I felt good during my long run last Friday and just had a bit of piriformis tightness afterwards. After running those hills at Highbanks the next day, my legs were so tired, and my piriformis was still super tight. I thought all would be good since I wasn't planning to run the next day. As I said in last week's update, I went for a long walk with Meg. Believe it or not, I think it's the walk that did me in! I typically don't go for walks more than 1-1.5 miles with my dogs. Being out there for 4.5 miles had my shins screaming!
 
Lesson learned. I vowed to take it super easy this week.
 
 
  • 11/13: 5.12 miles, 9:18/mile; Chest/Back/Glute extension exercises, 45 minutes. I met my Gahanna gals (Lisa B, Sarah, and Britt) for our newly named "Scary Cherry" route. Not matter which way we slice it, there are inclines all over this area. Fortunately, they are gradual. Anytime we do this route in the dark without dying is a good thing.
    It's dark on Scary Cherry.
  • 11/14: REST. I was planning to do some kind of strength workout, but work got a little busier than expected. It was probably good for me to have a complete rest day.
  • 11/15: 5.04 miles, 9:03/mile; Bis/Tris/Legs, 45 minutes. Sarah and I set off for what I will now term the "Sperm Route." Just trying to keep things interesting. I'm not sure if it was the cool air or something else, but I had this weird chest pain as we were heading up the last incline. Maybe I was just tired. I felt better as we were going back down Morse Rd., so I'm not too worried about it.
    Definitely sperm.
  • 11/16: 4 miles, 9:01/mile. I was going to meet Meredith for some early miles, but we both agreed that another hour of sleep sounded better. Fortunately, I was able to run after work and before picking up the kiddos. I opted to be boring and run on the mill. I just wasn't feeling the gray clouds today. Side note: My legs are SO SORE from my workout yesterday! I did a bit of stretching after my run and took some time to practice my yoga inversions.
  • 11/17: 10.01 miles, 8:28/mile. Another opportunity to run in the daylight...well, cloudy daylight. Marion was my partner this week for another Friday Genoa Trail run. Two weeks in a row...that makes it a thing, right?! We got real deep today and revealed all of our crazy family secrets.We determined that we are normal, and all of the people around us are crazy. This is the first time in the past two weeks that I recall feeling nauseous. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I hadn't eaten anything that morning. When you run at 4:30 or 5 a.m., it doesn't seem to be a huge problem to skip breakfast. At 8 a.m., it had me feeling awful!
  • 11/18: REST. I did make it a point to attend my church group's Friendsgiving so that I could eat a full day's caloric intake in one sitting.
  • 11/19: 6.03 miles, 9:04/mile. With all of my commitments for the day, my only time to run was 6:30 a.m. The upside is that I was in bed by 10 p.m. so I had plenty of sleep! I met Katie, Britt, and Sarah in New Albany for the NA 6 route. The wind was a bit intense at the beginning, but seemed to get better as the run went on. The miles flew by as Katie told interesting stories of jackassery.
    I'd totally wear that.
 
**********
 
I have one more week of running vacation left that includes an actual work vacation! I will be working Sunday through Tuesday, then heading to WV to be with my family through the weekend. I'm considering decreasing my miles even more since it's my last week of freedom. Also, it's a little scary running near my mom's house because they are out in the country and dogs chase me! I usually have to drive to a trail or to Winchester, VA for a safe run.
 
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
 
I've been working hard on my yoga, and it's finally starting to pay off!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment