Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, October 29, 2017

WTFIMP: Week 2

What the F is My Problem
 
**********
My pretty unicorn.

Captain America.
 
Well, it's officially race week. I do not feel ready or excited. Not in a glass half empty sort of way...I just didn't feel well all week long. I'm planning a super easy week full of drinking lots of water and eating all the food.  
  • 10/23: 5.51 miles, 9:12/mile. Today sucked. It really did. I'm not feeling sorry for myself...just stating the facts! I felt like complete crap. I ran 1.5 miles solo before meeting Heather and Betty for the rest. I intended to run 7 miles, but that wasn't happening based on how I felt. My legs were like lead, I was extremely nauseous, and I had to poop. Since I stopped earlier than expected, I drove home, showered, and went back to bed for 20 minutes. We ran late all morning but it was worth laying back down. I developed this massive migraine that stuck with me until 1:30 that afternoon. I was fine for a few hours, but the headache started to resurface that evening. I decided I would take off Tuesday instead of Wednesday in hopes that the extra sleep would help.
  • 10/24: Barre, 45 minutes. I took a running rest day in hopes I'd feel better doing my speed workout on Wednesday. Jimmy and I put the kids in child watch so we could check out the barre class before James' swim lesson. It was pretty tough. My quads, calves, and abs were on fire.
  • 10/25: 3 miles outside, 8:46/mile; 6 miles on the mill, 7:55/mile. After a rough Monday and a better Tuesday, I was hopeful for an even better Wednesday. Unfortunately, I woke up feeling like shit. I couldn't fathom trying this speed workout. I had to cancel on my dear friend. I was restless until I had to get the kids up. All I could do was hope I felt better by the afternoon. Work ended up being super stressful which distracted me from how I was feeling. I got off in time to do my run before Jimmy and the kids got home. Workout: 3 up, 5 x 1 mile at HP with 0.25 recovery. Splits: 7:47, 7:41, 7:47, 7:41, 7:41. I did an unmeasured walk for my cool down. I actually felt good and comfortable so that's a plus.
  • 10/26: 5.01 miles, 9:21/mile. This morning was my first cold run of the season...32 degrees, maybe? I think I'm finally learning how to dress for this crap because I was never cold or hot. It helped that the wind wasn't blowing. I met with my Gahanna girls for an easy run to start my craziest work day of the week. I was feeling a little nauseous, but significantly better than Monday and Wednesday.
    New shoes!
  • 10/27: 10.01 miles, 8:56/mile; Power Yoga Class, 1 hour. My work day fell through, so I had the opportunity to sleep in just a bit. It all sounds great until your 1 year old keeps you awake until 1:30 a.m. I woke up at 5:20 a.m. (feeling sleepy and hungry) to meet Tamara for 4 miles. I felt ok during those miles. After dropping her off, I headed out for 6 more. It sucked so bad. I was nauseous, fatigued, and lightheaded. I wish I had thought to take the gel I had in my Flipbelt, but the thought never crossed my mind. I actually stopped at 9.3 miles and just stood there. I didn't know if I was going to throw up or pass out. UGH. I finished the run and vowed to forget about it.
    The run sucked...I might as well act stupid.
  • 10/28: Power Yoga Class, 1 hour. Running rest day since I ran long yesterday. The hubs joined me at The Y for a yoga class. I love that Ruthie is old enough to enjoy the child watch so that Jimmy and I cannot workout together!
  • 10/29: 7.06 miles, 8:35/mile. I met Brittaney at her house for a nice pre-church run. The goal: to show her how to connect to the NA trails from her house. It was a chilly morning, and I definitely overdressed! I'll figure it out eventually.
 
**********
 
This yoga I've been doing is starting to pay off. I've been able to consistently do a crow pose! That's a big deal for me! I tried for the first time 3 months ago and couldn't do it at all. Now I'm ready for whatever is the next hardest thing.
Crow pose!


No comments:

Post a Comment