Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, April 10, 2017

HWGA: Weird Week

Here We Go Again
 
**********
James is loving baseball lately.

This week was so weird with the weather. We started out with some warm days, and followed that up with a cold front that included rain, snow and heavy wind. The crap weather went away for the weekend and allowed for some bright sunny days. It's amazing what a little sun can do to your mood! I started decreasing my mileage this week in prep for my marathon, but kept in some speed work and race pace miles. I had another solid week even though the body wasn't feeling amazing during every run.
 
  • 4/3: 6.28 miles, 8:09/mile. When two friends haven't seen each other in a while and want to catch up during an easy 6 miler. Ha!!! So...went a little fast but didn't realize how fast until we finished. I had a race pace run planned for Wednesday, so I decided this would replace it!
    I decided to register for the CRC Advanced Training Team this week. I like the idea of friendly team competition. Go Westerville!
  • 4/4: 2.3 cycling miles, 10:09; Glut rehab/shoulder workout. I knew my leggies needed a break after my weekend running and accidental race pace run. I went to the gym and warmed up on the bike before lifting.
  • 4/5: 8.01 miles, 9:05/mile. This morning was rough! My body felt fine, but I was so sleepy. The company was good, per usual, but we were all complaining about not feeling it.
    Roop doing some squats while waiting on daddy.
  • 4/6: REST. I'm not really sure what happened this day. I just know Garmin told me I did nothing.
    I REALLY wish I could sleep that hard.
  • 4/7: 14 miles, 8:43/mile. What the crap is up with the weather?! I spontaneously decided to register for a 5k which meant trying to get my long run completed on Friday. I had the time to do it, but the weather was shotty. I reluctantly decided to run on the treadmill. Fortunately, I had some friends to meet up with at The Y. Thanks to Marion and Dani, I only had 4 solo treadmill miles instead of 14! For this workout, I tested out a strategy for my upcoming race. I typically try to run even paces during races, but I was inspired by Amanda to try out the following pattern: break the marathon into 5x5 miles running 8:25, 8:20, 8:15, 8:10, and 8:05. Then  run as fast as I can for the last 1.2+ miles. I tested out one cycle of this after a three mile warm up. Unfortunately, I had to go to the bathroom BAD after 6 miles. I made it to 8 miles so that I could finish the cycle before using the restroom. Afterwards, I just didn't feel like trying the cycle again. I just opted to finish comfortably for the remaining 6 miles.
    Friday fun!
  • 4/8: 2.01 stroller miles, 9:20/mile. I needed to test out the stroller since I hadn't run with it in a LONG time. I took James to meet up with Meg for her shakeout run. We followed up with donuts from Schneider's!
    It was a chilly morning, but it was worth getting some Schneider's!

    Silly Meg.
  • 4/9: 1 mile stroller warm up, 10:22/mile; 3.1 stroller miles, 7:47/mile; Hatha Yoga Class, 1 hour. Roop turned 8 months old and we ran the Choo Choo 5k in Westerville! I'll type out a race report later.
    This was somewhere after or near mile 2. Gorgeous day for a race!
 
**********
 
My race gave me a little confidence boost. I've really struggled with getting my speed back postpartum, but the race gave me hope that I can get it back...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment