Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, April 16, 2017

HWGA: I'm Running a Marathon in a Week?!

Here We Go Again
 
**********
 
It's that time again...TAPER WEEK!!


Sweet Roop.

I wasn't that great about my strength training this week. I'm always busy, but this week was extra busy. I think I just got caught up in the craziness and, unfortunately, had to sacrifice my strength training time at the gym. I typically have time in the afternoon, but not this week. Ugh. This coming week, I will do some strengthening, but will avoid anything that will make me too sore. I need to stay fresh for this race!!
 
  • 4/10: 6 miles, 8:39/mile. I was supposed to run in the morning. I woke up at 4:15, complained out loud about the fact that I am sleep deprived, got dressed, and received the message no runner wants to receive as they are walking out the door early in the morning. I undressed, went back to bed, and stared at my shut eye lids for another hour and a half waiting for the next alarm to sound. Jimmy threw out the idea of going to Hoff Park after dinner. He said he would hang out with the kids and watch his friends play volleyball while I did my run. It was a nice evening. The clouds covered the sun so it wasn't as hot as the day. The wind was blowing just enough to make the temperature feel perfect. The run was fine, but I was upset that I was missing out on family time. Once I finished, my attitude turned around. Runs will do that to you!
    Post-run soccer fun with James.
  • 4/11: 2.2 cycling miles, 10:18; Bis/Tris/Glut workout. I needed a running rest day after Sunday's 5k. My legs were feeling a little tired.
  • 4/12: 8 miles, 8:35/mile. I joined Tamara and Katie for my last race pace run. The moon was shining bright, we saw a cute little fox, and had surprise donuts on our cars when we finished. Thank you donut fairy!
     
  • 4/13: REST. I did nothing. Absolutely nothing. John Mayer was the night before and sleep was lacking. Work was super busy, Jimmy got off work super late, church event was a bust...the entire evening was a  blur.
  • 4/14: 10.15 miles, 8:48/mile. Last double digit until my marathon! Heck yes!! I had 10-12 on the program and I opted for 10...I'm just tired. My poor sleep this week is catching up to me. I already warned the hubs that I would be going to bed at the same time as the kids every night until my race! Today's workout was to keep it easy for most of the miles, but insert a couple of race pace miles. I did those two miles about 15 seconds too fast, but I completely suck at pacing nowadays. Unfortunately, my face might be stuck to my watch the first few miles of my race to make sure I don't go too fast.
    Sports bra weather is my fav.
  • 4/15: 6.05 miles, 8:39/mile. This was yet another day that got screwed up and pissed me off. I was supposed to run at 8 a.m. with CRC for their group run. The night before, the hubs said he needed to go to volleyball an hour earlier than anticipated which meant I would have to rush home after my run (which I didn't want to do). I found some friends who were running at 6:30 a.m. and planned to join them. Ruthie had a rough time that night. When the alarm went off at 5:45, I couldn't do it. I couldn't make myself get up. I was lacking in the sleep department all week and just couldn't do it again. I was pissy all morning because I didn't get to sleep or run. I randomly decided to text a friend about running in the afternoon (not actually thinking she'd be able to run, but willing to take a chance). It was my lucky day because she was able to join me! We knocked out six hot as balls miles.
    I need a tan. [Theresa, ME]
  • 4/16: REST. Today was all about family. Yoga was cancelled so I had to miss out on that this week.
    Love that curly mohawk!

    Such a sweet smile.
 
**********
 
I'm so excited about my marathon this weekend! I still don't feel like it's actually happening. I'm hoping to treat my legs well this week so they'll be fresh on Saturday morning! I'm hoping the excitement of the Boston Marathon will put a little pep in my step!!


No comments:

Post a Comment