Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, March 12, 2017

HWGA: Recovery Week 1

Here We Go Again
 
**********
 
I have a few friends that run back to back to back to back marathons. Me? This is new territory. Does 7 weeks count as back to back?! It does for me and my current status. I'll grow some marathon balls one of these days. LOL.
 
Those who know me know that I like to do my research to make up my training program. I try to take my weaknesses and base my training off of that. My practice race at Little Rock confirmed that I really need to focus on my race pace and speed. I've been really good this time around about running easy for my easy runs and incorporating strength workouts. Now I need to continue to progress my body towards the pace it needs to tolerate to qualify for Boston. After my birthday last year, I moved up to a new age group which should make qualifying very doable for me (3:40, which we all know means a 3:37 at the very least). I know I can do that, I just need to get back to that point post baby and accident.
 
I don't have any clue how to train in the next few weeks, but I have some ideas. I don't know if my body is ready for a 3:37 yet, but I'm certainly going to try my best to get there. I think I am close, but it might have to wait until the fall.
 
**********
 
Recovery week #1:
 
  • 3/6: REST. We were still in Arkansas for most of the day and had a LONG night of travel. We didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. or so!
    I couldn't stop staring at this precious sight.

    James loved the planes.
  • 3/7: 2 miles, 9:40/mile. My work day allowed for just enough time to squeeze in a couple of test miles to make sure my legs still worked. No pain!
    I've spent a lot of time thinking about all of the hard work ahead of me and how much fun it's going to be.
  • 3/8: 4.06 miles, 9:07/mile. Since the 2 miler went well, I decided 4 would be appropriate. It was just enough...no more necessary!
  • 3/9: YMCA Deep Stretch and Relax Yoga, 1 hour. I rested from running and took advantage of the opportunity to go to a yoga class. It's exactly what I needed as I neared the end of a busy work week.
  • 3/10: 10.08 miles, 9:10/mile. Sooo...where to start...my plan was to run 6 easy miles to continue my slow ramp up in mileage. A friend texted me that evening to tell me a group was meeting stupid early for their respective long runs. I met these crazy chicks at 4 a.m. and got er done. I started feeling tight around 7 miles. I knew I'd be ready to stop at 10. I didn't have time to stretch between getting home and leaving for work so I was SO tight all day. UGH. Fortunately, I was able to do lots of stretching, rolling, and yoga-ing that evening. I felt SO MUCH BETTER in the morning!
    So, so early. [Karen, Tamara, Meg, Katie, Jessie, ME, Megan]
  • 3/11: REST. I didn't do squat. I was hoping I'd actually be able to sleep in on Saturday morning which happens NEVER...but Roop got up at 4 a.m. to eat and James woke at 6:45. Blah.
  • 3/12: 6 miles, 8:57/mile; 1 hour Hatha yoga class. I met up with some of my favs for an easy run plus coffee. Sundays are usually a perfect day for me to go for a short run and spend a little time with friends over coffee. Per my new routine, I went to The Y for some good for your body yoga.
    Random person taking a pic of us thanks to Jessie. [Katie, Meg, ME, Karen, Jessie]

    Coffee time! [Karen, Katie, Jessie, Meg, ME]

No comments:

Post a Comment