Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Monday, April 4, 2016

D.O.A.P.: 20 Weeks

Diary of a Prunner
 
**********

I'm not the only one crippled in my house. Poor little Angel has one more week of no activity. She can start minimal walking next week!
My regulars know what happened to me this week on 3/30. If you don't, HERE IT IS. I  fully intend on continuing to document my journey to stay fit despite my break from running. This is what I accomplished prior to the accident:
 
  • 3/28/16: REST. Second day in a row. I can't remember the last time I did that. I set my alarm but didn't want to get up because I would have been solo and that didn't sound fun. I brought clothes to run after work, but I was hating the wind today and used that as an excuse. Reality? I wasn't motivated in any form or fashion to run.
  • 3/29/16: 6.13 miles, 8:55 average pace. I joined Tracey and Lindsay for Tracey's race pace run. The girl has come a long way and it was neat to share this run with her.  My Achilles felt great, and I was hopeful for a great week of rest and an awesome half marathon over the weekend.
  • 3/30/16: 1.25 miles, unknown average because I was run over and my initial thought wasn't to stop my Garmin. I missed my morning run with Marion and Jackie because our power had been out for many hours and I didn't have an alarm to wake me (phone was dead). The rest is history and documented in the above link.
    The day after the accident at my ortho appointment. They took off my original splint to check things out then put a new one on. I'll go back Thursday for a follow-up and hopefully a boot.

  • 3/31/16: REST. Getting used to using crutches.
  • 4/1/16: REST. Rented a knee walker to assist with longer distances. My arms were already tired from using crutches.
  • 4/2/16: Superhero Dash for James!
    Doesn't he look so sweet! He was so excited to be Spiderman. He can't take his eyes off of the drumline.
    He was so freaking cute out there!!! He loved running but was very distracted by the marching band. He is obsessed with percussion and loves watching drum videos at home. When he saw it live, it was mind blowing for him!
    Headed to the finish! [ME on the knee walker, James, Grandma Griffith]
    Later that morning, Amanda and I left for Ann Arbor. I was supposed to run the half and could no longer do so, but I felt it important to go and join Amanda for this memorable marathon. We explored Ann Arbor a bit and learned that the annual "HASH BASH" was going on. It took us about two hours to figure out why everyone looked a bit off and why it smelled like weed everywhere. We kept googling if marijuana was legal in Michigan or if there was a convention going on! It was pretty potent even with us in the car the whole time. Never a dull moment on these trips.
    Expo time! I almost asked them if they had a different bag for me to put my swag in.
  • 4/3/16: Ann Arbor marathon. I scooted somewhere close to 2 miles this day including some hills. My left quad was so sore! It was fricking freezing outside, but it was still so much fun watching the runners finish.
    Just posting up outside at the finish line. SO cold but lots of fun!
    I only fell (toppled forward) one time and lost my balance a hand full of times. I found it more comical than anything. I'm still figuring out the walker. Amanda was amazing and won overall female on this tough, hilly course. So proud of my fast friend!
 
**********
 
After resting this week, I'm hoping to get back into a workout routine next week. I can't just sit around and do nothing...especially since I am not allowed to return to work at this time. Thank you guys for your support through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment