Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Quote I Stumbled Upon [and Your Best Workout This Week]

Yesterday, I was inspired to google the following:
  • there's no whining in running
  • no whining quotes
  • no whining, no complaining, no excuses
 
Through this, I stumbled upon this quote and posted it to my FB running group:

 
 
Fortunately, my friends loved it, and it hit home for many. I've felt like complete crap most days the past 6 weeks. Honestly, there's nothing I can do about it right now so I just have to deal with it. I'm moving on with my plan and taking things day by day. I've learned recently that I can still have a successful workout even with my symptoms. Although I do believe that what is going on in my body is affecting the way I feel and the way I run, I'm not using it as an excuse to whine about my performance. My symptoms may be the reason I feel the way I do on any given day, but it won't steal the joy of running. I am in a phase and phases don't last forever!
 
**********
 
I've seen a lot of happy people sharing their successful runs this week. After a really tough track workout last week, I wondered if my body would allow me to do speed work. Today, I was able to complete my speed challenge! (I'm committing to posting a speed challenge each week to my running group) I did a 3 mile warm up, 4 miles @7:35 pace, and a 1.07 mile cool down (overall average of 8:02/mile)! This "0.07" was to make my yearly mileage even! LOL. I now have only 14 miles to complete my 2015 in 2015!!!

This is the face I make after every workout lately. It says "OMG. I can't believe I just survived that."
Tell me, what has been your best workout in the past week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment