Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Joy of the Lord WILL be my strength


You guys know I suck at writing so this is nothing mind-blowing...just something that stuck out to me at church. Pastor Rich has been speaking to us about joy. This part stuck out to me because I possess them all:
Joy Killers:
  1. Selfishness- "For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind" -James 3:16. YIKES! This is a problem for me...I'm selfish all the time!
  2. Resentment- "Watch out the no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many." -Hebrews 12:15. Another YIKES!
  3. Fear- "Anxiety weighs down the heart..." -Proverbs 12:25. Holy moly...I'm anxious A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. wow, thanks for posting that, Lisa. I really needed that reminder today. :)

    ReplyDelete