Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Carmel Week 16: Wind and Skipped Another Race

Wind and Skipped Another Race

**********
Roop and her Buckeye hat. 
James starts preschool Sept. 4th!


Heavy wind seems to be the theme of the week. It was CRAZY! And, yes, you read it...I skipped another race. After my annoying experience last week, I spontaneously used my volunteer comp entry for a St. Paddy's Day 4 miler in Powell. At the time, I forgot that my husband was hosting a BBQ for his Bible Quiz Team. I love him, but this meant that Lisa would be cleaning the house while he spent the day at a tournament. On top of hours spent cleaning, my one year old earned the nickname "Ruthless Ruthie." By the time 4 o'clock rolled around, I had no desire...or energy...to deal with a fun 4 miles. I was whooped. 
  • 3/12: 4.2 walking miles, 14:31/mile; Bis/Tris/Stability, 40 minutes. I'm a boring person today. The sun actually made an appearance, but that was not enough for me to go outside. I walked an hour on the treadmill. WTF. It's hard enough to run that long on the mill. I'm not sure what my deal was.
    Toe balance practice.
  • 3/13: 6.68 miles, 8:59/mile; Chest/Back, 40 minutes. I was supposed to run with a couple of girlfriends, but I bailed. Y'all, my mind hasn't been in a good place. I have not been reliable which is very uncharacteristic for me. I'm trying to work through my personal issues so I can be a better wife, mom, and friend.
    I'll never refuse a Reese's Easter Egg. 
  • 3/14: 11.07 miles, 8:03/mile. My speed workout for the week was 11 miles total with 4 at marathon pace, 1 at half marathon pace, and 3 more at marathon pace. Amanda and I planned to run together on Wednesday this week, and there's no better person to join me for speed than her! She kept me focused and motivated. The goal was to keep MP miles 8:00-8:12 and HP somewhere in the mid 7s because I have no idea what my half pace really is at the moment. My goal was to try to get a feel of the pace and not have to look at my watch so much. I felt I did a decent job of that for the first 4 MP miles. I did look at my watch for the HP mile because I wanted to make sure I wasn't going too slow. For whatever reason, when I returned to doing my last three MP miles, I couldn't slow myself down enough. Every time I looked at my pace, it read 7:50. I ended up going a little too fast there at the end, but that's life. I'll try to be more disciplined for my MP miles on Friday.
    BFF run. [ME, Amanda]


  • 3/15: Shoulders, 45 minutes; Restorative Yoga, 45 minutes. Today was another running rest day. I knew I needed to do a shoulder workout, but I was tired of the doing the same crap. I looked up a shoulder workout by Brittany Tacy (I believe she has a different last name now). It was amazing! My shoulders were dead by the time I finished. I followed that up with a video by Yoga with Adrienne to stretch my legs and back.
    I'm not lying...my right forearm is sore from my new juicer.
  • 3/16: 14.2 miles, 8:31/mile. This week's long run. Anyone who says taper drives them crazy is actually crazy themselves! Workout: 6 warm up miles, 7 marathon paced miles, 1 cool down mile. I'm trying really hard to focus in on what the pace actually feels like. Today was slightly difficult due to the freaking crazy wind. I kept going between freezing cold to sweaty hot depending on the direction we were running. I have to give props to Sarah who kicked butt today!! I was happy to have her to motivate me today. The run felt really good so my head is in a better place...at least for today.

  • 3/17: 3.46 walking miles, 17:20/mile. I met up with Meg at Schneider's for a walk and donuts. We were expecting a wintery mix, but it wasn't doing anything when we started. Shortly into the walk, the sleet started coming down and slapping our faces! UGH! I'm over this crap!!
    Another bestie. I can't wait until she's running again!! [Meg, ME]
  • 3/18: 8 miles, 9:00/mile; 2.2 walking miles. I joined Brittaney, her friend Julia, and Chris in Westerville for part of Britt's 20 miler. I enjoy my Westerville runs a lot more now that I run in Gahanna/NA most of the time. I was freaking tired today. I spent 3-4 hours cleaning the house yesterday followed by another night of drinking margs and building a bed with the hubs. My entire body was sore! I told the hubs we needed to get this crap done so I could actually rest during race week. I am going on strike from all things house moving related.
    Great run followed by yummy bagels! [ME, Chris]

    My new calling...I dare you to ask me to power wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment