Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Friday, October 17, 2014

Babies Are Weird

I have been blessed with one of the coolest dudes in the world. He has made my transition into motherhood a little easier than I had imagined it (by NO means is it easy, but, when I hear other peoples' stories, I know I have it a little easier than some).

I am thankful he hasn't had any major illnesses thus far, no crazy hospital visits; I haven't been left by myself for a few days while my husband is out of town for work (JACKIE ;)). He has allowed me to run with him in a stroller...the list goes on.

With that being said, there have been some challenges and BABIES ARE WEIRD! These phases they go through can drive a routine person (ME) crazy! First, it was the sleep issues. After the first few weeks of life, he actually slept 5-6 hours straight until 3 or so months old. We went through a LONG phase of waking up every couple of hours. This was so rough! I discovered the Ferber Method (as hard as it was to do) and life is good. My boy has now cut out his evening nap and goes to bed between 8 and 830 pm which allows Mr.Boo and me to have some down time. He will sleep between 9-11 hours and has done that consistently for a few weeks now (except for last night when he randomly woke at 1230 a.m. and screamed his head off for at least half an hour).

My inspiration for this post? His dang eating!

He FINALLY has been eating pureed food consistently for about a month (we started trying at 5 1/2 months...it took 3 1/2 months to get him to eat! AHH!). And, praise Jesus, he has started picking up food and attempting to put it in his mouth. Sometimes it gets there, sometimes it doesn't...BUT he's trying which is a major accomplishment for us. This eating thing has sucked out all of the patience I possess.

Next task/frustration is TRANSITIONING AWAY FROM BOTTLE USE.  James' doctor would ideally like him to be off the bottle by a year old. I decided, since he's a little slow to making things happen, I'll start training now. James already drinks water from sippy cups so I thought I'd just start putting his milk in a cup. His current cups spill a little so I wanted to get a really good non spill cup (I bought Tommee Tippee cups which are amazing). He refuses to put the dang cup in his mouth! The cup is very similar to his current cups so I'm dumbfounded as to why he won't even try to drink from it. If he only knew that milk was in it, he would LOVE it!

So, this is me welcoming any advice or experiences you want to share with regards to transitioning from the bottle. I'm sure it's one of those things, like everything else, that I just have to keep trying and one day he'll just get it. BABIES ARE WEIRD!


No comments:

Post a Comment