Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Possibly TMI [if you're a guy]

Those of you who know me also know that I have a fear of having kids. Sometimes I say I don't like kids, sometimes I say they freak me out or annoy me...other times they are referred to as birth control :) The overall lesson from these lastest statements: I'm not ready to have kids!
Almost 2 weeks ago, I was supposed to start my period. I didn't freak out until the 5th day. I decided that I would wait til day 7 or 8 to take a pregnancy test. I've never had to do that before so I'm sure I was lookin' like a fool! I got home from work this past Friday, chugged water so that I could pee (found out later I shouldn't have done that), and got negative results...RELIEF! Or so I thought...
All weekend I was paranoid about starting my period but wasn't totally freaked out at this point. I decided that I would wait a few more days and retest if I didn't start. After researching the internet like crazy about different signs of pregnancy and situations in which people test negative but are really pregnant, I decided that I was ready to take another pregnancy test. Last night= negative...this morning=negative! You would think that 3 negative test results would convince me that I have no worries of being preggo.
WRONG!!! I talked to my mom this afternoon and she told me this story:
"When I was pregnant with your sister, Ashley, I took 8 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. Weird things kept happening like changes in appetite and types of foods I liked to eat, stomach aches, etc. I finally went to the doctor and they had to do a blood test to determine that I was in fact pregnant!"
Needless to say, I haven't yet ruled out the possibility of pregnancy and I won't until I start a period. I've decided not to go to the doctor just yet. If you ladies have any other stories of negative pregnancy tests just let me know! I'll take any advice or stories of symptoms you had at the beginning of pregnancy. I know I'm going to overanalyze everything that is going on in my body until my period comes...

5 comments:

  1. EEK!!! Molly wants a cousin! :) j/k....when you and jimmy are ready :)

    what brand of test did you buy? I know the blue dye tests are not as accurate. it's best to take it in the morning. and you can most definitely get a false negative, but you can't get a false positive. if indeed you are pregnant, your body just may not have enough of the hormone it takes to turn those tests positive. a blood test would definitely be most accurate.
    oh, also...what kind of birth control are you on? i have a friend who slowly just got her period more and more spaced out until she eventually didn't have it anymore!! crazy!!!!
    love ya girl! you know you have tons of support, either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I bought a digital CVS test then I got First Response. The third test I did in the morning...the others were at night. I am taking Loestrin 24...I guess I should do some research on that to see if it causes me to stop having periods...I've been on that pill for a year and a half and I've always had a period around the same time every cycle...I dunno...it's CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take loestrin and it took my period away :) no worries.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you under any extra stress lately or any other changes like that? Sometimes you can be too stressed to get your period. It's kinda crazy. Also, it's always best to take those tests first thing in the morning because that is when you have the most amount of hormones in your pee.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll find out tomorrow the results of my blood test. If my birth control is taking away my period, I don't want to take it! I know that sounds weird but I like knowing that I'm not preggo by having a period (I know that isn't always the case but usually it is)...I'll have to have my doctor change the kind I take...

    ReplyDelete