Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Friday, October 23, 2009

A brief on my first 3 months of ENGAGEMENT :)

I wish I had thought of this blog thing when I first got engaged! I was worried about how I would keep everyone posted on the lastest...especially since I moved to Ohio and I'm HORRIBLE at keeping in touch by phone. So here goes nothin':

I've pretty much done all of the major basics (place, date, time, wedding party, etc.). I have a dress, headpiece and veil (all of which cost less than $400!!!). And, with the help of my maid of honor, the famous Rachel Knuckles, I have picked a dress for my bridal party (P.S. IT HAS POCKETS!!!).

Most recently I purchased Save-the-Dates which was an adventure in itself. It was probably the first time Jimmy and I have argued in the wedding process. At first it was a "waste of money" and then it turned into "I think we need to send save-the-dates." All that aside, we ended up spending only $18 on ones that were business card sized.

After the Save-the-Date adventure, I had to do what I was dreading the most at the beginning of planning...FINDING A PHOTOGRAPHER! This was mostly because I was lazy and didnt want to do the research but I sucked it up and found a girl who seems very awesome. She did our engagement shoot on Wednesday...it was SO CHEESY! I felt like a weirdo posing for those pics. At one point Jimmy asked me to jump up and he would catch me. I thought he wanted me to just kick my legs back into the air but he actually wanted me to jump and wrap my legs around him...well, somehow in the confusion of how to jump, I kicked him right in the you-know-what! OUCH! Later in the shoot the photographer asked "Would you like to lay on top of him?!" After she said that, my perverted mind wondered before I finally figured out what she meant...she was referring to a particular pose for a picture which was equally as awkward as the others. Anyway, those pics should be on her website soon...when I get them I'll let you all know.

You must be thinking to yourself, "I wonder how Jimmy is enjoying it all?" Two words: HONEYMOON and REGISTRIES! He gladly helped me choose the Sandals Resort in Antigua (we are currently saving up for the down payment on that). We are spending most of our money on the honeymoon because...well...it's the best part!! BOW-CHICKA-WOW-WOW!


He also had lots of fun scanning random items for our registries. He wanted to scan a big screen TV so I let him have his fun...then I deleted it later :) That request came from the same guy who wanted to scan condoms as a joke...there is no way I was letting that happen! Jimmy made the registry process a lot of fun for me :) I will never be able to go into WalMart, JC Penney, or Bed Bath and Beyond and have the same amount of fun (P.S. that is my plug to let you all know where we registered...haha...P.S. #2 I have a hard time receiving gifts without feeling bad...I don't want you all to feel obligated to get us something...we just want everyone to have fun at the wedding) :)
Anyway, that's all for now...let me know if you guys would like stories about anything else! I'll keep posting stuff as it occurs :) Love you all!












No comments:

Post a Comment