Hoka 10k 2018

Hoka 10k 2018

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Pig to Hoka: You Might As Well Just Kill Me Now

You Might As Well Just Kill Me Now

**********

Why is it that 26.2 miles doesn't scare me, but 6.2 miles does?! SOOOOO stupid!!!! I'm so f'n nervous! I feel like I'm failing all of my workouts which makes it worse. UGH. I'm annoying myself with all of this whining.

This is my last week of having no specific plan. It worked out because I was on vaca at my mom's, and I never know how much running I will be able to fit in when I'm there. I just did what I felt like doing, and it was glorious!!

  • 5/21: 6 miles, 9:28/mile; Tacy's Shoulder workout, 50 minutes. I was still in Columbus so I forced myself out of bed to meet Lisa and Mindy at 5 a.m. I wanted a change from the usual sperm and long sperm route, so we ran through the Academy area. Did we bitch and complain the whole time about something? I think I recall us bitching and complaining. Who knows?! I knew this would be my last opportunity to lift at the gym for a whole week so I chose my favorite shoulder workout. I'm going to miss the gym this week!!!
    Day one of this week's yoga challenge was a warrior pose.
  • 5/22: 8 miles, 8:39/mile. I took advantage of a later start to my work day by running at 6:30 instead of 5! LOL. I saw so many runners out there, and I hated them all!!! What the hell do you do that allows you to run at 6:30 everyday?! I attempted my speed workout and completely failed. I was supposed to run 4x1 mile at my 10k pace. I couldn't run more than a half mile at the pace. I decided to just turn it into a fartlek run instead. This did not make me feel good about my upcoming 10k. Insert all the sad faces!!!
    Not happy with what just happened.
  • 5/23: Rest. After feeling like crap yesterday and travelling to my mom's in WV, I needed a rest day. I did wake up and do some restorative yoga, but nothing crazy. The day mostly consisted of 4 wheeler riding.
    Having fun with my main dude.
  • 5/24: 7.01 miles total, unknown average because I'm currently too lazy to compute numbers; 3.5 miles hiking. So today was fun! We started the morning at Harpers Ferry (about 30 minutes from my mom's house) for a nice hike. I use the term nice loosely because my son was an asshole the whole time. He never stopped whining!! Next time I'm throwing him into the water with the snapping turtles. Ruthie was a doll which made James look worse. LOL!! After the hike, I headed to Winchester, VA to do my speed workout. I wanted to run it on a track to keep me focused on my pace. I couldn't find the track so I ran in a strange place with strange people who stared at me like I was an idiot running outside in the blazing heat. Side note: I was an idiot. I attempted my speed workout again. I was more successful this time. I did a 2 mile warm up and dynamic stretching (advice from this amazing runner since I have issues with short warm ups), followed that up with three instead of four intervals (goal 7:20; actuals 7:06, 7:05, 7:01). I was pissed that I couldn't pace myself appropriately. I need to get my shit together.

    Since I decided to skip the last interval due to the freaking heat, I did an easy 2 mile cool down.
    Hot and happy.

    LOVE her...she is me...poor girl.
  • 5/25: 10 miles, 8:58/mile. I forget how hilly my mom's area is until I actually start running there. I do love the hills, but I'm not used to it in Columbus. The hills mixed with the heat and humidity were a little rough on me this week. I had it in my head that I was going to run 12 miles for my long run this week. Unfortunately, I did not feel that awesome so I cut it by 2 miles. Also, I learned a valuable lesson during this run. Just because you carry your phone with you doesn't mean you should open it to check messages 4.56 miles into your run. You may check a message that is something you did not expect to see and it may distract you from your task. Oh the emojis I could use right now.
    Lots of emojis.

    This little shit ran off in the morning, and we spent an hour searching for her.
  • 5/26: Rest. I haven't had two complete rest days in months. I was really wishing I had a gym to go to so I could lift. UGH. I just enjoyed the country life and spending time with the family. This also might have been the night I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. drinking an entire bottle of wine by myself, listening to random music, and coloring. I am a cool person.
    Proof that I used to have a pet squirrel. His name was Timmy.

    My sweet twerps.
  • 5/27: 4.01 miles, 8:43/mile. I headed back to the bike trail close-ish to my mom's house for a short run. I miscalculated my mileage for the week and realized I only needed 4 miles instead of 7! This made me happy because it was, again, blazing hot. I'm not handling this well!!
    Even after a bottle of wine, I can balance in eagle pose while drinking coffee.

    Roop likes to put her butt in my face...

    ...and her face in my butt.

**********

I had such a fun week. I miss living in the country and wish I could visit my parents more. Wake up, drink coffee, do yoga on the deck, ride 4 wheelers, have an adult bev while the kids nap, eat lots of food, ride more 4 wheelers, color...
This was a mix of the Strawberry Basil Vodka infusion that I made mixed with Lime La Croix.
This was unanimously voted my best yoga pic of the week.


You guys, as much as I enjoyed a little vaca to my mom's house, I'm happy to return to my normal routine. I really missed lifting this week. I still have zero confidence in my ability to do well at this 10k. I wish I had someone to pace me!!!

This week I start my training for marathon number ten! I'm going to try my best to embrace it because I'd like to not do another one until I run Boston (if my 3:10 cushion gets me in!).



No comments:

Post a Comment